Imperial College - MSc Translational Neuroscience (2022-2023) waitlist

Watch
rhiannon07
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CTR_99)
Hey, for people who received an offer for Imperial, what are your undergraduate degrees? I'm doing medicinal chemistry, so not sure if that's exactly what they're looking for
BSc Neuroscience is my undergraduate degree, but I think medicinal chemistry would also be fine since it’s still relevant to the field
Ratatouille357
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
No, haven't heard back yet ( I've applied on the 21st of December though...
j.porter2
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by oatyboi)
Just wondering- have any of you applied to Cambridge's MPhil in Basic and Translational Neuroscience? I'm applying from a non-neuroscience or med background (maths student), but I have done a 6 month internship in neuroscience.
I’ve also applied. I was a medical student, did 3 years now doing an MSc in neuro at UCL and want to do an MPhil as well before returning to med school
Catherinelily
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rhiannon07)
If it’s full already I’d be surprised! Maybe they’re taking a smaller cohort this year? Might be worth sending an email to ask. Fingers crossed they get back to you with better news soon - I’ve seen a couple of posts from people who were on the waiting list and ended up being accepted!
Yes, that's a good idea. I'm going to email them tomorrow
anvaya._.
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Catherinelily)
It says I've been placed on the waitlist. I wonder if the program is full! :confused: anvaya._. rhiannon07
Heyy guys I was also placed on the waitlist and then exactly a month later, I received an offer from them!
Catherinelily
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anvaya._.)
Heyy guys I was also placed on the waitlist and then exactly a month later, I received an offer from them!
That's encouraging to hear!
Ratatouille357
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yes, that's a good idea. I'm going to email them tomorrow
Have you heard back from them already, by any chance?
Catherinelily
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ratatouille357)
Have you heard back from them already, by any chance?
I've not emailed them yet -- I will let you know what they say when I do! Have you been waitlisted as well? My application was sent to the department about an hour before I got my waitlist decision. I originally submitted my application on 20th Dec.
Last edited by Catherinelily; 1 week ago
Ratatouille357
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I've not emailed them yet -- I will let you know what they say when I do! Have you been waitlisted as well? My application was sent to the department about an hour before I got my waitlist decision. I originally submitted my application on 20th Dec.
No I haven't heard back from them yet... I sent my full application on the 23rd and got an email saying it was sent to the department yesterday... Kinda worried that it's already full :'( Have you applied to any other unis?
Catherinelily
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ratatouille357)
No I haven't heard back from them yet... I sent my full application on the 23rd and got an email saying it was sent to the department yesterday... Kinda worried that it's already full :'( Have you applied to any other unis?
Yes I've applied to Oxford and UCL! I've not heard back yet, so fingers crossed Have you?

And do let us know when Imperial responds to you
Last edited by Catherinelily; 1 week ago
alizay1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Hi! I'm also applying to Translational Neuroscience at Imperial. What undergraduate degrees do you all have? I'm doing psychology, not sure if it counts as a biological science subject though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads