The Student Room Group

Which uni is best for biochemistry?

I’ve already applied to oxford and imperial for biochemistry but I’m stuck on which to choose for the other three. So far I’ve looked at UCL bath Bristol Exeter Manchester, and I’m also considering Edinburgh- its a little far from home but I’m still open to the idea.
I obviously want a course/uni which is highly rated for the actual department, university and graduate prospects but also has good accommodation and city with good nightlife ( doesn’t have to be the best like Manchester or London but just enough that its not entirely dead).
Any suggestions on which i should put down?
Major advantage of Bath is its very good placement options - a big plus on your graduate CV - https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2022/biosciences/bsc-biochemistry-including-placement-year/
And its a great place to live - lots of pubs, cafes etc, good shopping, theatres, cinemas etc and a small enough place not to feel lost. And its just a train ride to London.
Reply 2
Original post by Simsemil.15
I’ve already applied to oxford and imperial for biochemistry but I’m stuck on which to choose for the other three. So far I’ve looked at UCL bath Bristol Exeter Manchester, and I’m also considering Edinburgh- its a little far from home but I’m still open to the idea.
I obviously want a course/uni which is highly rated for the actual department, university and graduate prospects but also has good accommodation and city with good nightlife ( doesn’t have to be the best like Manchester or London but just enough that its not entirely dead).

You have already made two excellent choices by applying to Oxford and Imperial for biochemistry, as both universities are highly regarded for their academic programs. Now, let's consider your options for the remaining three universities based on your criteria.

UCL (University College London):
UCL is known for its strong reputation in various disciplines, including sciences. The biochemistry program at UCL is highly regarded, and the university itself consistently ranks among the top universities in the UK. UCL is located in the heart of London, providing access to a vibrant city with plenty of cultural attractions and nightlife.

University of Bath:
The University of Bath is renowned for its high-quality teaching and research in the sciences. The biochemistry program at Bath is well-regarded, and the university boasts excellent graduate prospects. Bath is a beautiful city with a rich history, offering a good balance between a lively city and a tranquil environment.

University of Bristol:
Bristol is known for its strong academic reputation, and the biochemistry program at the University of Bristol is highly regarded. The city itself offers a vibrant nightlife and a lively social scene, with plenty of cultural activities and events throughout the year.

University of Exeter:
Exeter is a highly regarded university with a strong emphasis on research and academic excellence. The biochemistry program at the University of Exeter is well-regarded, and the university has a good track record of graduate employability. While Exeter may not have the same level of nightlife as larger cities, it still offers a decent social scene with a range of bars, restaurants, and entertainment options.

University of Manchester:
Manchester is a vibrant city with a thriving nightlife and cultural scene. The University of Manchester is highly ranked for its biochemistry program and offers excellent research opportunities. The city itself provides a diverse range of social activities, making it an attractive choice for students seeking an active social life.

University of Edinburgh:
While Edinburgh is a bit further from home, it is worth considering due to its prestigious reputation and strong academic programs. The University of Edinburgh has a well-regarded biochemistry program, and the city itself offers a rich cultural heritage, lively social scene, and ample nightlife options.
@vokler - the thread is a year old. I think the OP will have decided by now.
Reply 4
Original post by Simsemil.15

Potential options

UCL
Surrey
Manchester
Bath
Southampton
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
@vokler - the thread is a year old. I think the OP will have decided by now.

:biggrin: wow am actually speechless

Latest

Trending

Trending