The Student Room Group

Missing a Uni practical

So I have a practical class at my uni tomorrow but I have an assignment due in a week which I haven't even started yet. The practical will be assessed at later date in a later exam and there seems to be an online version of the practical available. Therefore, I'm thinking of not attending the practical and working on my assignment instead since I will be unable to work on the assignment in the weekend due to work. So would it be ideal to just miss this one practical and hopefully read the online material at a later date in preparation for the practical exam?
Reply 1
Email your tutor/person involved in organising the practical with your excuse for not being able to be there. You need to find out what the repercussions would be for not attending and act based on that. Or prioritise your assignment over your weekend work.
Reply 2
Original post by lojawa
Email your tutor/person involved in organising the practical with your excuse for not being able to be there. You need to find out what the repercussions would be for not attending and act based on that. Or prioritise your assignment over your weekend work.

I can't cancel my weekend work because I'm on a 16 hour contract.
Original post by Anonymous
So I have a practical class at my uni tomorrow but I have an assignment due in a week which I haven't even started yet. The practical will be assessed at later date in a later exam and there seems to be an online version of the practical available. Therefore, I'm thinking of not attending the practical and working on my assignment instead since I will be unable to work on the assignment in the weekend due to work. So would it be ideal to just miss this one practical and hopefully read the online material at a later date in preparation for the practical exam?

As the above user said, you will need to contact the module leader/lecturer taking the practical and explain your situation.

The only issue is that they will not see the email until tomorrow and it could be after you are supposed to attend your practical. You should’ve sorted all of this out beforehand. Also, I doubt they will be understanding of your situation since it is your fault. Is there a valid reason as to why you left it so late? :smile:

My opinion is that you should attend the practical and work on the assignment after. You still have time to complete it. :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Hi :smile:

If i was in your situation, i would contact the person running your practical. It is always better to keep your lecturers in the loop if you cannot make a seminar/lecture/practical.

I think we are all guilty of leaving assignments to the last minute, but don't panic i'm sure you'll be able to get it done! What i do is i start looking at an assignment a month before the due date, even if it is just making some notes out of my head, at least that way you have something down on paper and it might motivate you to carry on with it in smaller chunks.

Hope this helps

Andrew
Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending