Is this notice period ok?

Watch this thread
FrameOfMind
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
My contract says that in my probation period I have to give 1 week notice.

If I give 1.5 weeks is that ok? Should I rly give 2 ??
grey-giraffe
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
If your contract says to give 1 week, just give 1. You don't need to give 1.5 or 2.
FrameOfMind
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by grey-giraffe)
If your contract says to give 1 week, just give 1. You don't need to give 1.5 or 2.
I was always told 2 is standard so I’m just worried that I will be in the wrong and it’s some unwritten rule.
username5637224
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
If it's WRITTEN in your contract that you have to give one week and you have signed this contract, then an unwritten rule is not binding. Just give the weeks notice.
grey-giraffe
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by FrameOfMind)
I was always told 2 is standard so I’m just worried that I will be in the wrong and it’s some unwritten rule.
If there is no notice period in your contract, then I think standard is 2 weeks. But as it's written in your contact, 1 week is all you need to give.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 months ago

Notice you must give your employer

If you have worked for your employer for one month or more, the legal minimum amount of notice you must give is one week. Normally your employment contract will set out a longer notice period. If it does, you should give this length of notice to your employer.
As it stated only a week is required then that's all you must give them but make sure it's with them the week before you intend to leave (for example :- if you were wanting to leave say Friday 19th November then give to them by this Friday 12th November ). In writing and keep copy.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago

If your contract says 1 week then id give 1 week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.26%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.36%

Watched Threads