General Mock Support Thread

Watch
Poll: When are the majority of your mock exams this year?
I've already had them (42)
8.77%
Before Christmas Break (168)
35.07%
Jan - Feb (233)
48.64%
March - April (36)
7.52%
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys, :wavey:

I've seen lots of conversation over the last few weeks about mock exams and specifically people looking for support or help dealing with the pressure and the motivation to revise.

I thought it might be quite nice if we have one thread for students to come in and moan/ask questions or just share how they are feeling about their mock exams. This can be for all qualifications as well, the more the merrier.

Come in, introduce yourself and let us know what you're working on. Then come back and let us know how you've done. If you are struggling with anything, jot it down below and I'm sure together we can make sure you smash your mock exams!

Kim J
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey y'all
I am in A levels and my mocks begin November 18th (these are my first mocks)
I'm doing Chemistry Biology and Psychology (CIE)
And I'm honestly sick of studying :/
Been doing so many past papers and revisions but i still find stuff difficult
Phases_of_life
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I have my GCSE mocks starting on the 29th of November and my motivation is dead because my brain seems to be convinced that I know everything even though I don't. And then as soon as mocks are done I have a violin exam which I'm not even in the slightest prepared for....

yay exams
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I have a test next week. We spread them out during the term however.
Roses.Are.Red
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Good luck to everyone doing their mocks!

Spoiler:
Show
Also, if you're procrastinating: GO AND REVISE! You'll thank me later
Howw
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Phases_of_life)
I have my GCSE mocks starting on the 29th of November and my motivation is dead because my brain seems to be convinced that I know everything even though I don't. And then as soon as mocks are done I have a violin exam which I'm not even in the slightest prepared for....

yay exams
everyone is so lucky tho... School barely started and we already finished the mocks today lmao. having a extra month to revise is so bless.
Howw
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tinyperson)
I have a test next week. We spread them out during the term however.
wow, that's really convenient. Does that count to your predicted grades? It really helps if you have a few days between each exam so u have plenty of time to revise for each exam.
tinyperson
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Howw)
wow, that's really convenient. Does that count to your predicted grades? It really helps if you have a few days between each exam so u have plenty of time to revise for each exam.
no and yeah
lunariumxo
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
mine start dec 2nd ughh
sarahbery
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I've been doing my mocks since September until now
Phases_of_life
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sarahbery)
I've been doing my mocks since September until now
Oh wow, poor you! I hope they go well!
AzureWiggling
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Our school are making us do three sets of mocks: in December, February and April as contingency exams in case our actual exams in May and June are cancelled. So we have exams at least every other month... And for these, we have no time to revise as we are learning new topics at the same time and we have no study leave. I really hope exams go ahead, it will be very unfair if exams from December when we had no revision time whatsoever make up our grades.
AriefaRahman1
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Any year 12s here? I am starting mocks the week commencing the 22nd Nov :argh:
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
hey guys! i have my mocks at the end of november! do you have any advice?(especially for English lang and lit AQA)
I'm doing a Christmas carol
an inspector calls

those are my weakest subjects defo. how do i get a high grade?

thankyou!
Phases_of_life
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harlz_chalamet)
hey guys! i have my mocks at the end of november! do you have any advice?(especially for English lang and lit AQA)
I'm doing a Christmas carol
an inspector calls

those are my weakest subjects defo. how do i get a high grade?

thankyou!
I'm not doing A Christmas Carol, but for AIC, make quote banks for all themes/ characters (helpful if given steers), learn context, remember LFS- language, form (its a play), structure, and try to say multiple things about 1 quote. For language, I think practice is the best
Hope that helps!
Immortal-Reaper
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
We had ours within the first week of exams (I had one every single day) but don't get to know our results until the 30th November as they're doing some practice mock results day thing [its annoying that we don't get to talk to our teachers about it before our parents evening the same day]
My application is about to go off so it won't impact my grades too much but some people are waiting to see

And unfortunately, we have mocks again in March where we'll do all of our papers so its kind of revise last years stuff, learn new stuff and revise the new stuff all at once {why did I pick three essay subjects which also all have huge coursework pieces too?}
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AzureWiggling)
Our school are making us do three sets of mocks: in December, February and April as contingency exams in case our actual exams in May and June are cancelled. So we have exams at least every other month... And for these, we have no time to revise as we are learning new topics at the same time and we have no study leave. I really hope exams go ahead, it will be very unfair if exams from December when we had no revision time whatsoever make up our grades.
This will be a familiar story for most students I believe!
Kim J
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
This will be a familiar story for most students I believe!
True we also doing mocks in a similar fashion because of the pandemic :/
ellamarie749
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My mocks start on monday and im in a pit of no motivation so I haven't started revision yet
Phases_of_life
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellamarie749)
My mocks start on monday and im in a pit of no motivation so I haven't started revision yet
haha same
i'm prepared to sink at this point, it just hasn't hit me yet how serious these could be
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (29)
9.73%
Okay (90)
30.2%
A bit lacking (107)
35.91%
Not good at all (72)
24.16%

Watched Threads