The Student Room Group

Uni dilemma

i’ve been in a pickle for some time choosing between media and history. i love history it’s what i prefer to study but in the long term i want to work in the media industry film, tv, marketing etc. I have also heard a lot when it comes to media jobs like film tv u don’t need a degree anyways. So my question is if i do history will i be able to do media in the future and also if i do a placement (which i’m planning on) is there possibility to do it in media?
Hi @libs01 :smile:

Have you considered a combined honours degree? At several universities, you can take a History and Film/Media undergraduate combined degree. For example here is Liverpool Hope's History and Media & Communication degree and here is our History and Film & Visual Culture degree. This is an option that may be worth considering as you can gain experience and knowledge in both subject without having to compromise.

You may not necessarily need a media degree to get into the industry. However, it is worth noting that a lot of media roles require work experience within the field. I studied Media & Communication at Liverpool Hope and found that the hands-on experience I got at university opened a lot of doors for me.

If you have any questions about studying media at university, combined degrees or anything else, I'd be happy to answer them!

Laura :rave:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending