St Andrews Applicants for September 2022

Watch this thread
bellacrashaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Has anybody received an offer yet?

I’ve applied for Financial Economics and just waiting on an offer from St Andrews - I have all 4 other offers already.

I’ve read something that says St Andrews often don’t send out offers til after the deadline, does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks in advance and best of luck to all
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
I think St Andrews famously takes a long time to give out offers. On the website, it says 'The University of St Andrews considers each application on its merits, and we are required to consider equally all applications received from UCAS by 15 January. However, the University receives many more applications from well-qualified applicants than there are places to offer. As a result, we often delay the majority of our decision-making until after this date. We aim to make all of our decisions by 31 March.'
It really does depend, and some people do hear back earlier, but you will probably be waiting a few more months to hear anything.
Username10000
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
What other places gave offers?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
Hello! My first offer was from St Andrews (15th Oct).
I think it really depends on each person, as there are other unis I haven't received anything from, who've been sending out decisions already.
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think it really depends on each person, as there are other unis I haven't received anything from, who've been sending out decisions already.
For what subject? And are you scottish/rUK/international?
bellacrashaw
Rep:
Thank you for this! Really useful to hear - and yes as other person asked what subject?
bellacrashaw
Rep:
(Original post by Username10000)
What other places gave offers?
Nottingham
Manchester
Cardiff
Queens Belfast
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by booklover1313)
For what subject? And are you scottish/rUK/international?
For mathematics! I'm international (French)
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
For mathematics! I'm international (French)
Congratulations on your offer!
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by booklover1313)
Congratulations on your offer!
Thank you!
baNaanaaBread
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi! I just found out (literally 15 minutes ago) I have an AAA offer for Biology to go into year 2
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by baNaanaaBread)
Hi! I just found out (literally 15 minutes ago) I have an AAA offer for Biology to go into year 2
congratulations!!! i just got an ABB offer for geography (also about 20 minutes ago haha)
baNaanaaBread
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
congratulations!!! i just got an ABB offer for geography (also about 20 minutes ago haha)
Yay 😃 Is St Andrews your first choice?
m64
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Got an ABB offer for Russian with year abroad at about 4:30pm today! Had one on October 28th from Exeter as BBB.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by baNaanaaBread)
Yay 😃 Is St Andrews your first choice?
it is! how about you? : )
PanzerB1rt
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by bellacrashaw)
Has anybody received an offer yet?

I’ve applied for Financial Economics and just waiting on an offer from St Andrews - I have all 4 other offers already.

I’ve read something that says St Andrews often don’t send out offers til after the deadline, does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks in advance and best of luck to all
I got an offer for International Relations and Modern History on the 10th of November. It's condition was that I need to prove a required level of English. I did the IB in 2019 but the validity of the EL course I did within it should be covered until 2022 because of my country's (Singapore) compulsory military service. Currently, I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I read that International Relations offers go out really late so I was prepared to hunker down till next year but alas, they were the first uni to send me an offer. This was followed by Warwick and Edinburgh. Right now I'm waiting out on KCL and Durham.

St. Andrews is my first choice. Good luck with your application and I hope to see you there.
Last edited by PanzerB1rt; 5 months ago
baNaanaaBread
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
it is! how about you? : )
I'm applying to Cambridge which is my first choice, but I am fully expecting to get rejected so St Andrews is my second choice!
bellacrashaw
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by PanzerB1rt)
I got an offer for International Relations and Modern History on the 10th of November. It's condition was that I need to prove a required level of English. I did the IB in 2019 but the validity of the EL course I did within it should be covered until 2022 because of my country's (Singapore) compulsory military service. Currently, I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I read that International Relations offers go out really late so I was prepared to hunker down till next year but alas, they were the first uni to send me an offer. This was followed by Warwick and Edinburgh. Right now I'm waiting out on KCL and Durham.

St. Andrews is my first choice. Good luck with your application and I hope to see you there.
Thank you for replying and congratulations on your offer! I’m still waiting but hopefully will get a response, wish you all the best with the rest of your applications
issy.rrrrrrrr
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Applied for econ about a week ago, has anyone got an offer for econ yet?
rubywatt
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
wondering if any Scottish applicants have heard from st Andrews? if so, what courses/conditions etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads