Yr 13 spanish a level november 2021

Watch
Lyonellez3
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I currently do spanish alevel and I am currently predicted a D but my target grade is a C which i achieved in my last mock. Spanish A level is beyond difficult and I'm not a native speaker but with the little time i have got left do you think i could bump it up to at least a B If study everyday from now?
Any tips for revision would still be helpful at this time especially for building confidence with my speaking.
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lyonellez3)
I currently do spanish alevel and I am currently predicted a D but my target grade is a C which i achieved in my last mock. Spanish A level is beyond difficult and I'm not a native speaker but with the little time i have got left do you think i could bump it up to at least a B If study everyday from now?
Any tips for revision would still be helpful at this time especially for building confidence with my speaking.
D to B is quite a jump... but not necessarily impossible; in my career as a teacher I've seen a good number of pupils manage it. It'll be hard work, mind you!

Grammar has got to be the key. Spanish verb conjugation is tricky and must be totally, utterly at your fingertips. In all tenses. In a language like Spanish, you can consider verbs to be the spinal column of the language: if you sort them out, everything else will be supported - your written work, your speaking, and also your listening and reading. You will need to sit down and learn these by heart - boring but vital. Any Spanish text book you have will give you the patterns for regular verbs, and also the main irregular verbs you need to learn.

You need to get to the stage where you can do this sort of list without any hesitation and get 100% right:
Preterite of saber
Imperfect of abrir
Present of jugar
Past continuous of llover
Perfect of poder
Future of venir
Conditional of deber
Subjunctive of haber
Imperfect subjunctive of tener
Pluperfect of hacer

So you see: a mix of tenses and of verbs, both regular and irregular. A short list of ten like this should take you no more than half a minute.

I would suggest you start working on this now and try to get the bulk of your verbs thoroughly learnt by Christmas - that'll give you a sensible target in the short term. Anything else can wait until after Christmas!
AmyLovell1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lyonellez3)
i currently do spanish alevel and i am currently predicted a d but my target grade is a c which i achieved in my last mock. Spanish a level is beyond difficult and i'm not a native speaker but with the little time i have got left do you think i could bump it up to at least a b if study everyday from now?
Any tips for revision would still be helpful at this time :d especially for building confidence with my speaking.
practice papers! Practice papers! Practice papers!
lucia161
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lyonellez3)
I am also in my final year of A-levels and I am predicted an A*. I am not naturally good at languages, I find them extremely difficult and the only reason I have been doing well in Spanish is my revision techniques.

First thing I would suggest is get to grips with the grammar. I made grammar notes of all the different conjugations for each tense as well as learning the irregular forms.
Next, and this is very important, LEARN VOCAB. If you learn all the vocabulary from the topics studied in the book then you will find it so much easier. Learn general vocabulary and sentence starters which will help your Spanish flow.
I would say that to learn Spanish, you have to do little often. Before my exams, I try to speak in Spanish as much as I can and bash out loads of revision but until the exam the best thing to do is be constantly learning vocabulary, doing grammar practices, listening to people speaking Spanish (listening to Spanish music will help your listening skills), try putting post-it notes around the house with vocabulary so you are constantly practising the words, try having convocations with other Spanish speakers in Spanish to help your brain think quickly like you'll have to in the speaking.

With speaking, the only way you're going to gain confidence is if you learn vocabulary and practise you're speaking. Sometimes I just try to think in Spanish or think of something then translate it in my head to practise what sort of thing I will be facing in the exam. It helps if you try to surround yourself with Spanish material (films, books, music) and just practise, practise, practise.

Good luck for your exam!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (43)
24.29%
Note taking apps (5)
2.82%
Flashcards (31)
17.51%
Revision guides (5)
2.82%
Past papers (87)
49.15%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.39%

Watched Threads