criminology level 3 diploma

Watch this thread
anonymous22728
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I am unsure of what a levels to choose as i was originally thinking of doing sociology, business and criminology but i’ve heard unis do not accept/like the criminology diploma. I want to go to uni to do something related to the criminology/ forensic psychology area. Should I apply for something like Law, history, psychology or just go with the criminology diploma? I was looking forward to criminology as it sounded interesting but I don’t want to mess up my chances of going to uni and i’ve heard law and history are difficult a levels as they have a lot of content. I do psychology as a gsce and i find it okay but i don’t know if i would like to do it at a level.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
1) The WJEC Criminology diploma is a waste of time. Its full of True Crime nonsense and very little social theory. As a result there are several Unis who will not accept it. If you are interested in this area, do A level Sociology as it covers the same topics, and has some academic credibility.

2) A degree in Criminology is a Sociology degree with a few extra units, Do the Sociology degree. It will leave far more doors open to you.

3) A degree in Criminology does not make you 'a Criminologist'. To be a Forensic Psychologist you need a postgraduate degree and experience and the job isnt as glamourous as you might think - see https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-prof...c-psychologist

Do 3 sensible A levels - Sociology, History, Psychology etc. There are a hundred degree subjects you could do with these.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (1)
3.23%
Quite well (17)
54.84%
Not so good (10)
32.26%
Terrible! (3)
9.68%

Watched Threads