Sfe final year refused funding, can university sponsor me?

Watch
sallykhan
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've started my nursing msc in 2018, I had my son and during covid the university over charged me. After 3 years ive managed to complete year 1. Max year of funding i can get is 3 years. Now I know sfe making excuses not to fund me.

I've already enrolled in year 2 and for the past 2 months attended hospital placement and face to face lectures. I have 8 months left until I graduate the nursing. Nhs bursary requires one to receive sfe before applying for this bursary.

Im in the process of asking the university to sponsor me and help me complete the 8 months therefore I can apply for the nhs bursary if the university will sponsor me. I can't afford to put a upfront deposit, im not working with a toddler at home.

We need more nurses especially during this time. Honestly I don't know what's happening. I've enrolled in year 2 without sfe funding being approved my guess is because the university double charged me in 2018 and 2019.

Any advise? I'm so close to achieving this.

Plan b is to be a stay at home mum and plan baby no2 on benefit really. Ive tried to educate myself and get a job and this country let me down. Since 18 when my family disowned me, I went through a lot, went back to get a level 3, straight into university, worked part time finished of my bsc in public health, no jobs in the council then went back to educate myself on the msc nursing course whilst 16 wks pregnant.
WhoAmI???
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
couId i ask how many years you've been at uni for? you started sept 2018 im guessing? It has been 3 academic years since then and currentIy the 4th has begun.

Over these 3 years you finished one year of the course. Why is this? Did you drop out or defer/put studies on hoId? Did you retake one year?
Last edited by WhoAmI???; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads