The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MPhil Real Estate Finance 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hangke
Hi, when did your status change from submitted to under review by the department? I submitted on 12.20 but it is still not being moved to under review by department?

Hello, my status moved from submitted to under review the following day - but I applied well in advance of Christmas. Since you applied just before Christmas, I imagine there will be a time lag between moving from submitted to under review.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by RealAnalyst
Hi all, just an update that my status changed to waiting approval by PAO. Does anyone know what this means?

Hi,

Congratulations :smile: This means that you are in the final stage. Refer to this flow chart for clarity < https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/application-process/what-happens-next >.
Hi all, just an update that my status changed to waiting approval by PAO. Does anyone know what this means?

Wow, congratulations!!!
Thanks guys! I’m delighted but also cautious about celebrating too soon. The wait is going to be killer! Good luck to you all :smile:
Original post by Hangke
Hi, when did your status change from submitted to under review by the department? I submitted on 12.20 but it is still not being moved to under review by department?

same!
I'd say go for it!
Hey everyone! I have a question that is slightly off-topic: How do you think the MPhil Real Estate Finance at Cambridge compares to the MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance at LSE? Which one would you go for and why?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone! I have a question that is slightly off-topic: How do you think the MPhil Real Estate Finance at Cambridge compares to the MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance at LSE? Which one would you go for and why?

Overall, I think the Cambridge programme is stronger - but this may depend on where you are from. As far as I’m aware the MPhil REF programme is an older programme than LSE REEF, with a stronger alumni network.

I don’t actually think real estate is a particularly strong area for the LSE - I think you are buying into the LSE brand name more than anything. From the people I’ve spoken to in industry, Reading, Cass and Cambridge have a much stronger track record of getting students into industry.

The LSE REEF programme is predominantly international students (most China) who complete the programme before starting jobs at home. If you are an international student then this may be great for you, but something to bear in mind if not.
Overall, I think the Cambridge programme is stronger - but this may depend on where you are from. As far as I’m aware the MPhil REF programme is an older programme than LSE REEF, with a stronger alumni network.

I don’t actually think real estate is a particularly strong area for the LSE - I think you are buying into the LSE brand name more than anything. From the people I’ve spoken to in industry, Reading, Cass and Cambridge have a much stronger track record of getting students into industry.

The LSE REEF programme is predominantly international students (most China) who complete the programme before starting jobs at home. If you are an international student then this may be great for you, but something to bear in mind if not.

Thanks for the quick reply! I did have a similar impression, but then got confused by some Real Estate Masters rankings putting the LSE REEF programme first in the world (see the programme homepage). About me, I am in the fortunate spot of holding offers for both programmes and I am leaning towards Cambridge now!
Thanks for the quick reply! I did have a similar impression, but then got confused by some Real Estate Masters rankings putting the LSE REEF programme first in the world (see the programme homepage). About me, I am in the fortunate spot of holding offers for both programmes and I am leaning towards Cambridge now!

Congratulations on your offer! Do you mind sharing when you submitted the application please? Many thanks!
Congratulations on your offer! Do you mind sharing when you submitted the application please? Many thanks!

Thanks! I submitted my application in late November and received the offer at the end of last week!
Thanks! I submitted my application in late November and received the offer at the end of last week!

Congratulations on your offer - that is amazing news! Personally I wouldn’t pay much attention to rankings, they are misleading at the best of times - even more so when it comes to slightly more niche subject areas like real estate. It all comes down to preference, but I think the Cambridge programme is stronger across the board.

Would you also mind sharing your background? This should provide some valuable context to everyone else on the thread waiting to hear back.
Would you also mind sharing your background? This should provide some valuable context to everyone else on the thread waiting to hear back.

Sure! I am a final year Econ student at a Russell Group uni with a ~75 average so far. Relevant experience includes a RE valuation internship at one of the Big4 and a couple of internships at smaller firms. Hope this helps and good luck to all of you!
That’s a great profile! Well done:smile: Good luck with the rest of final year!
That’s a great profile! Well done:smile: Good luck with the rest of final year!

Thank you! :smile:

Hi:smile: I have also applied to LSE REEF course, but im also applying to the MPhil at Cambridge. I applied to LSE and recieved ID mid december, and are waiting for a response to my application. How many weeks did it take for you to get the offer from LSE? (from the time you got your ID).
Hi:smile: I have also applied to LSE REEF course, but im also applying to the MPhil at Cambridge. I applied to LSE and recieved ID mid december, and are waiting for a response to my application. How many weeks did it take for you to get the offer from LSE? (from the time you got your ID).

For both programmes, it took approx. 8 weeks. Since you applied to both programmes as well, which one would you rather attend and why? :smile:
For both programmes, it took approx. 8 weeks. Since you applied to both programmes as well, which one would you rather attend and why? :smile:

How long did it take from your application status turning to awaiting PAO approval to a formal offer?
How long did it take from your application status turning to awaiting PAO approval to a formal offer?

I am not exactly sure because I had deadlines earlier this month and didn't check the application portal regularly then. It must have been less then a week tho...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending