Kentinho99
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Bit complex.

So I'm doing primary Education BA at university right. It is good challenging but good.

However, it isn't exactly what I was after because I really wanted to go into primary schools more.

The primary education BA is more theoretical than practical.

I am having to find a volunteer placement in my first year because i 2ant to gain experience.

I'm doing this off of my own back.

I am debating whether to change course next year. Only because we don't have much time in the classroom as i would have liked.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Black_Beast007
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you tried and emailed your uni Career department?
Maybe they can help
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
What would you change your course to?
Do you even have time outside your uni timetable to gain additional experience?

Placement hours in BA/BEd is no different to Primary PGCE, except it's spread throughout the three years.
Kentinho99
Rep:
(Original post by Black_Beast007)
Have you tried and emailed your uni Career department?
Maybe they can help
I think I might try that. Thank you
Kentinho99
Rep:
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
What would you change your course to?
Do you even have time outside your uni timetable to gain additional experience?

Placement hours in BA/BEd is no different to Primary PGCE, except it's spread throughout the three years.
I mean that's true but I want more like curriculum timetable focused learning. Yes learning all about cognitive learning skills is good and yes learning about why things are so is great but it doesn't change anything about learning at the end of the day. The curriculum doesn't change. It stays the same. Despite debating it. Plus with BEd ita only three years. BA is four years.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kentinho99)
I mean that's true but I want more like curriculum timetable focused learning. Yes learning all about cognitive learning skills is good and yes learning about why things are so is great but it doesn't change anything about learning at the end of the day. The curriculum doesn't change. It stays the same. Despite debating it. Plus with BEd ita only three years. BA is four years.
Where are you doing your BA that's four years long?
Most Primary Ed courses are similar. More heavy on the theoretical side than curriculum studies/subject knowledge.
Btw im a primary school teacher
Kentinho99
Rep:
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
Where are you doing your BA that's four years long?
Most Primary Ed courses are similar. More heavy on the theoretical side than curriculum studies/subject knowledge.
Btw im a primary school teacher
I'm doing it at Marjon University and ah thats true but I just want to be out there you know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads