flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So my university exams are coming up. My course started in April and finishes after my last exam (1st Dec). I’m trying to work but I’m so stressed that I can’t focus. And when I’m not stressed I’m too relaxed so can’t focus

Does anyone have any tips or advice??

becca_sneyd
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by flamingolover)
So my university exams are coming up. My course started in April and finishes after my last exam (1st Dec). I’m trying to work but I’m so stressed that I can’t focus. And when I’m not stressed I’m too relaxed so can’t focus

I tend to plan everything out, I look at exactly how many days I have till each exam, how much time I'm willing to dedicate per day and then plan out precisely what revision I'll do every day, even down to the hour, this also includes time for yourself, going to the gym, reading etc. whatever makes you feel calm. That was it doesn't seem like quite so much work and I find that having a set plan makes it much easier and less stressful (but obviously this is just what works for me)
flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by becca_sneyd)
I tend to plan everything out, I look at exactly how many days I have till each exam, how much time I'm willing to dedicate per day and then plan out precisely what revision I'll do every day, even down to the hour, this also includes time for yourself, going to the gym, reading etc. whatever makes you feel calm. That was it doesn't seem like quite so much work and I find that having a set plan makes it much easier and less stressful (but obviously this is just what works for me)
I have tried to do that but it hasn’t worked because I have so much to do. These are my end of uni year exams and I am examined on everything from the entire year and there’s only 2.5 weeks left and I can’t learn it all and I have no clue what’s gonna be on them and I am freaking out!
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago

I have tried to do that but it hasn’t worked because I have so much to do. These are my end of uni year exams and I am examined on everything from the entire year and there’s only 2.5 weeks left and I can’t learn it all and I have no clue what’s gonna be on them and I am freaking out!
This sounds stressful! Are you managing alright?

Have you tried creating a timetable and working backwards from the day of the exams? You can then allocate time on which areas you need to spend more time on. Have you tried to find the syllabus anywhere? If you can find this, you can create a list of topic you need to go through and go through the list in the time you have. Creating lists can also help too. By ticking off tasks you've accomplished gives you a visual of how well you're doing.
What's important is being strict with yourself and enforcing self-discipline.
If you say you're going to work on this topic and when make sure you do this and try to eliminate distractions. E.g. put your phone on airplane mode or hide. If you tend to listen to music, play some non-vocal music so that you're not jamming along during your study sessions. Try to eat regularly and healthily if you can. Your body needs fuels to help you through the day and if you're able to eat healthily, you'll be doing yourself a massive favour. Eating healthily will also help to manage some of the tiredness and concentration fatigue you may feel. Try to get some sleep because your body needs to recover from a day's work so that you can wake up refreshed and able to get on with the day. Also, make sure to take some time to breathe - take a 5-10 walk in the fresh air in between studying.
Try to remind yourself of your end goal here. These are your end-of-year uni exams, so what happens if you don't pass them? What does this mean for you? What does it mean if you do pass? How will this affect you in the future? Think about your future self and what you would like to think in the next 5-10 years time. Would you want to look back to this time and regret not starting earlier doing what you can?
Okay, it may be highly unrealistic to go through all the content right now, but do what you can. Starting now is better than not starting at all.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.81%
Okay (107)
29.16%
A bit lacking (135)
36.78%
Not good at all (89)
24.25%

Watched Threads