What motivates you to study?

Watch
username4933106
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I don't know if this has been asked before but as title says?

Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
At the minute, absolutely nothing!
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
My ambition or studytubers making me feel like a failure.
Last edited by summerbirdreads; 3 weeks ago
username4933106
Rep:
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
At the minute, absolutely nothing!
Same same, lol
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Thestudent107SWC)
sometimes there's nothing else to do. You really can get so bored you just study. Not the general case but it happens sometimes. Others is deadlines and ambition. Sometimes competitiveness to be the best helps
nzy
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
The adrenaline of an all-nighter and imminent deadline.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Same same, lol
It’s really bad because I know what I want or rather need to achieve but I’m just exhausted.
t0897
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
watching study with me's on youtube, studying motivation videos, studying with a friend on facetime on mute, planning a fun activity after studying is done, waking up early to study so I have the rest of the day to have fun
Muhammad Razak
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by t0897)
watching study with me's on youtube, studying motivation videos, studying with a friend on facetime on mute, planning a fun activity after studying is done, waking up early to study so I have the rest of the day to have fun
They are all good suggestions but I especially like the last one. I find I'm more alert and ready to study early in the morning and then as a the day goes by I drift away into procrastination.
ukii
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
During GCSEs, it was about what I wanted . I could get any grade, and (to some extent) it didn't matter, as long as it was not a fail. Towards the end of GCSEs, I really wanted to bump up all my grades, to make all sixth forms available to me. GCSEs was a matter of preference for me.

Now that I'm in the final year of sixth form, it's no longer about what I want. It's about what I need. I need grades, if I don't, I simply can't progress into uni. It's that simple.

Nobody needs motivation (again, to some extent). If you want to do something, you'd do it. But remember, you're living in the real world, and grades do matter, they do help to shape your future, so whether motivated or not, results are important!

Having said that...time for me to get to work :f1:
username4933106
Rep:
(Original post by ukii)
During GCSEs, it was about what I wanted . I could get any grade, and (to some extent) it didn't matter, as long as it was not a fail. Towards the end of GCSEs, I really wanted to bump up all my grades, to make all sixth forms available to me. GCSEs was a matter of preference for me.

Now that I'm in the final year of sixth form, it's no longer about what I want. It's about what I need. I need grades, if I don't, I simply can't progress into uni. It's that simple.

Nobody needs motivation (again, to some extent). If you want to do something, you'd do it. But remember, you're living in the real world, and grades do matter, they do help to shape your future, so whether motivated or not, results are important!

Having said that...time for me to get to work :f1:
Yes for sure, what subjects do u do if u don’t mind me asking? And how long do you spend revising everyday?
Last edited by username4933106; 3 weeks ago
ukii
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I spend around 3hrs a day revising.
username4933106
Rep:
(Original post by ukii)
I spend around 3hrs a day revising.
ayyy cool
username4933106
Rep:
struggling to stay focussed rn lmao
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
chocolate cake
my toys
Gorongamer04
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
thinking about how amazing it will feel when it pays off, or how awful I will feel if I dont give it my all and fail
SchmuckOff
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Not getting my ass whopped by my parents
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.62%
Okay (106)
29.12%
A bit lacking (135)
37.09%
Not good at all (88)
24.18%

Watched Threads