Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm terrified for next year, I am meant to be applying for placements but I really don't want to because I don't like my course, my sister is finishing school and maybe going to university which I am scared about because I really would miss her. I'm so depressed atm if she left it would be even worse because I'm studying from home.

I really don't know how to cope atm, I'm not in a good way at all if someone could pm me please I'd appreciate it very much

Thanks in advance
Chris Phuket
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm terrified for next year, I am meant to be applying for placements but I really don't want to because I don't like my course, my sister is finishing school and maybe going to university which I am scared about because I really would miss her. I'm so depressed atm if she left it would be even worse because I'm studying from home.

I really don't know how to cope atm, I'm not in a good way at all if someone could pm me please I'd appreciate it very much

Thanks in advance
Would it be possible to scrap the course and possibly look at apprenticeships instead. Another possibility with it coming up to Christmas there will be loads of seasonal work available shortly in bars shops and restaurants. Maybe earn a bit of money while your rethinking which direction you want to go in.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks in advance
You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
thank you

(Original post by Analyst89)
You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads