Biomedical science project proposal help

Watch this thread
SongBird2020
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I really need help with my project proposal can someone please help ASAP. I have a deadline in 8 days. Thank you
shaween
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
is it a dissertation?
SongBird2020
Rep:
(Original post by shaween)
is it a dissertation?
Yes it is, and I have to write a proposal first but I am clueless on how to do this. Have you done this before?
shaween
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
What is your topic on? I can try to help as much as possible
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
tell us more
SongBird2020
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
tell us more
OK so the title I chose for my project is Cardiovascular Dysfunction associated with Chronic Kidney Disease.
So I decided to do some research into FGF-23 and how high levels are associated with Calcifications in CKD patients which was my hypothesis/research question but my supervisor said it was too broad and calcifications are too focused on the vascular side which apparently isn't anything to do with cardiovascular disease. So then I decided to narrow it down to high FGF-23 levels are associated with aortic calcifications in CKD but I'm only getting like 35 results on pubmed/web of science databases so there might not be enough literature out there in order to a project on. Btw this is a literature based dissertation. So I'm struggling with a topic and where to focus my project. I had already written like 900 words about calcifications before i asked my supervisor for feedback and now ill have to delete it all and start again......so im stressing out sooo muchhh becuase im just completely lost.
Last edited by SongBird2020; 6 months ago
SongBird2020
Rep:
Ignore my previous comment please, I decided to change my topic to high FGF-23 levels are associated with left ventriuclar hypertrophy in chronic kidney disease patients. But do you know what I would put in my methods section of a literature based proposal? I have already talked about my inclusion/exclusion criteria, search terms etc. I know I have to use statistical methods like funnel charts and prisma flow diagrams etc. But do I have to explain specifically what I am going to do in regards to my topic, or do i just explain what a funnel chart is and what it's used for?
shaween
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by SongBird2020)
Ignore my previous comment please, I decided to change my topic to high FGF-23 levels are associated with left ventriuclar hypertrophy in chronic kidney disease patients. But do you know what I would put in my methods section of a literature based proposal? I have already talked about my inclusion/exclusion criteria, search terms etc. I know I have to use statistical methods like funnel charts and prisma flow diagrams etc. But do I have to explain specifically what I am going to do in regards to my topic, or do i just explain what a funnel chart is and what it's used for?
don't panic!! you still have about a week left and you can get a lot done in a week.. did you mention how you would measure the FGF levels in patients and control? what statistical analysis would you use to compare the results? like t-test, one-way anova or two-way anova and why? you have to explain what you're going to do in regards to your topic so if you're going to use flow diagrams mention why.. also mention the consent of patients and control and where you would find these patients e.g. hospitals clinics etc. I found this flow chart online I've attached it hopefully it will help you a bit more

Name:  writing-research-proposal.png
Views: 29
Size:  197.4 KB
SongBird2020
Rep:
don't panic!! you still have about a week left and you can get a lot done in a week.. did you mention how you would measure the FGF levels in patients and control? what statistical analysis would you use to compare the results? like t-test, one-way anova or two-way anova and why? you have to explain what you're going to do in regards to your topic so if you're going to use flow diagrams mention why.. also mention the consent of patients and control and where you would find these patients e.g. hospitals clinics etc. I found this flow chart online I've attached it hopefully it will help you a bit more

Name:  writing-research-proposal.png
Views: 29
Size:  197.4 KB
Hey thank you so much for that flow chart diagram i will probably use something like that. And no my topic is quite confusing. Basically I'm evaluating how high levels of FGF 23 is associated with left ventricular hypertrophy in CKD patients from different studies. I have to use a funnel chart, prisms diagram etc but do I have to go in to detail about how exactly I would use this? Also do you have another form of communication so I could get your replies a bit faster possibly? Thank you
shaween
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by SongBird2020)
Hey thank you so much for that flow chart diagram i will probably use something like that. And no my topic is quite confusing. Basically I'm evaluating how high levels of FGF 23 is associated with left ventricular hypertrophy in CKD patients from different studies. I have to use a funnel chart, prisms diagram etc but do I have to go in to detail about how exactly I would use this? Also do you have another form of communication so I could get your replies a bit faster possibly? Thank you
Heyy that's no problem at all.. yeah i think it's best if you do go into detail about how you would use this. for example you can say you're using a funnel chart to compare x and y (something like that). yess you can have my email I get notifications quickly (i can give you my number on my email as it's not safe to do so online). my email is [email protected] email me so we can talk more about this
SongBird2020
Rep:
Heyy that's no problem at all.. yeah i think it's best if you do go into detail about how you would use this. for example you can say you're using a funnel chart to compare x and y (something like that). yess you can have my email I get notifications quickly (i can give you my number on my email as it's not safe to do so online). my email is [email protected] email me so we can talk more about this
You're an absolute lifesaver thank you so much for doing this!
shaween
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
no problem at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads