The Student Room Group

Dislike my college courses and have no motivation, what should i do?

As of recently i’ve begin to regret my course choices but i don’t know what i can do to help myself.
At the start of year 12 i decided to go to a college that was closest to me and i chose an extended diploma engineering course. At the time i still wanted to do the course, however i didn’t really like the college or the teachers. After two weeks i decided to change colleges and still resume my engineering course. As i had left it too late i had to do the Single A level engineering course as well as geology and geography . At the time it was alright as i still wanted to work around civil engineering. However as i’ve been doing the courses for longer i’ve begun to lose interest in them.
I’ve recently managed to drop geology and do the engineering diploma course however i’m still unhappy. I was so certain that i wanted to be an engineer that didn’t think about anything else. I spent weeks trying to drop geology which i thought was my problem however apparently it wasn’t. I felt no happiness being told that i could do the engineering course that i wanted originally so i don’t know what to do.
It’s been two months since the start of the school year so i think it’s too late to change to a course i would hopefully like, which is esports. I’m too scared to ask about changing again as i’ve already pestered the teachers enough. What should i do? I really don’t want to do half a course for a year as it would just be pointless, i also have no interest in going to university.
Can someone help me please.

Dislike my college courses and have no motivation, what should i do?

As of recently i’ve begin to regret my course choices but i don’t know what i can do to help myself.
At the start of year 12 i decided to go to a college that was closest to me and i chose an extended diploma engineering course. At the time i still wanted to do the course, however i didn’t really like the college or the teachers. After two weeks i decided to change colleges and still resume my engineering course. As i had left it too late i had to do the Single A level engineering course as well as geology and geography . At the time it was alright as i still wanted to work around civil engineering. However as i’ve been doing the courses for longer i’ve begun to lose interest in them.
I’ve recently managed to drop geology and do the engineering diploma course however i’m still unhappy. I was so certain that i wanted to be an engineer that didn’t think about anything else. I spent weeks trying to drop geology which i thought was my problem however apparently it wasn’t. I felt no happiness being told that i could do the engineering course that i wanted originally so i don’t know what to do.
It’s been two months since the start of the school year so i think it’s too late to change to a course i would hopefully like, which is esports. I’m too scared to ask about changing again as i’ve already pestered the teachers enough. What should i do? I really don’t want to do half a course for a year as it would just be pointless, i also have no interest in going to university.
Can someone help me please.
Hello,

I would definitely advise having a chat with your teacher or personal tutor if you have one. They can advise on the next best steps, it is definitely worth speaking to them as soon as you can (before exams) so you can explore your options i.e. move courses or restart next year etc. Best of luck!

Megan
University of Hull Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest