sciencelover37
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I know we are not meant to talk about the content of the maths challenge until 08:00 on Friday the 12th (BST) so I won’t but I just wanted to know how everyone found it? Also how many questions did you answer? I only answered 16 and I am not very confident in my answers.
superharrydude09
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
I thought it wasn’t too bad.
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m expecting 21/25 which I think is pretty good.
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Any ideas when the official solutions on the UKMT website will be available?
ll ACR ll
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
it was half hard and half medium. I only answered 12 out of the 25 due to knowing how to answer them
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by superharrydude09)
Any ideas when the official solutions on the UKMT website will be available?
Theyre generally available the following morning. Though it was delayed a bit last year.
sciencelover37
Rep:
Do you know how long it will take to get our results? I’m dying to know if I have got Bronze or not, I’m really hoping I have but I’m not so sure
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sciencelover37)
Do you know how long it will take to get our results? I’m dying to know if I have got Bronze or not, I’m really hoping I have but I’m not so sure
~2 weeks. BMO1 is at the start of Dec so before then.
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Any guesses at BMO thresholds?
Itsmikeysfault
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
It was decent. I had guessed the last one but I was able to eliminate 2 of the options
sciencelover37
Rep:
Another question: are you all in Year 12 or 13, and do you take Further Maths?
cryokinetic
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Another question: are you all in Year 12 or 13, and do you take Further Maths?
Year 13, and no FM
sciencelover37
Rep:
I’m Year 12, no Further Maths.
superharrydude09
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Year 12, with Further Maths, although as far as the maths challenge is concerned, I don’t think further maths will be of any use beyond giving you extra experience using mathematical techniques.
Eldub3142
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I think 107 - I got the dice rolling and magnet ones wrong because I hate permutation questions. Do you ppl think the BMO1 grade boundary will be lower than last year bcs it wasn't online so less people can cheat?
zacaboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Eldub3142)
I think 107 - I got the dice rolling and magnet ones wrong because I hate permutation questions. Do you ppl think the BMO1 grade boundary will be lower than last year bcs it wasn't online so less people can cheat?
I know you won't be happy to hear this but for some, it was online and there was cheating
Eldub3142
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zacaboy)
I know you won't be happy to hear this but for some, it was online and there was cheating
That is quite annoying. was it mostly online or just for a few? and did you personally find the test easier/harder than last years? I am in year 12 so this was the first one I sat
zacaboy
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Eldub3142)
That is quite annoying. was it mostly online or just for a few? and did you personally find the test easier/harder than last years? I am in year 12 so this was the first one I sat
I am also in year 12 but I did sit the previous SMC but to my displeasure didn't do as well as I would have liked but this year I feel happy with how I believe I have done. however, looking back on the paper now I do believe that last year's paper was easier than this year's. i don't exactly know. how many sat. online but my school is pretty big and sat it online.
sciencelover37
Rep:
I think I got about 52
Eldub3142
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I think I got about 52
That is probably a bronze so gj. If you want look at this link bronze is usually around 50 but obviously it spiked last year because everyone did it online.
https://mathsaurus.com/senior-maths-...de-boundaries/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise