The Student Room Group

Media Studies Coursework Help

I'm in Year 11 and i need to make a film poster and dvd cover for media studies.

I'm doing the action genre. I'm going to make a supehero film.

i need at least 7 pictures for my dvd cover and atleast 2 other ones for my film poster. The story is going to basically like The Dark Knight!

What pictures should i take?

I have a room with walls painted light green in my house can i use that as a green screen or should i go outside to take picture? If so what locations should i go to?
outside
You'll be marked on how well your images and stuff fit with the action genre so make sure u look at plenty of action film posters and just try to mimic what u see basically. With action film posters/DVD's there's usually a lot going on so I would say use the green screen background for images of the people so you can easily cut them out when you edit them. And then for the main background try and find a setting that you like probably a city if you live in an area like that. Try and find a building where you could go higher up and take a photo of the city for the backdrop. The rest of the work can be done in editing and you can make it look really cool.

Try and make a list of the key conventions of action posters and then tick them off like a checklist as you make yours so you can get loads of easy marks. That really helped me when I did my Media coursework. Also the DVD cover can tell more about the story so for the images on the back try and think about typical scenes u would see in an action film and just take a couple of pics as if its a freeze frame if you get what I mean. Like action shots.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending