The Student Room Group

UCAS statement

I want to apply for a course to transfer 2nd year from a different course. I contacted the uni about it and they said I would have to catch up on some fashion knowledge (because I want to do fashion marketing) over the summer and read a reading list because 50% of my other course doesn't relate to this course. Do I write in my UCAS statement that I am going to be reading over the summer? I don't know what to put

Thanks
Original post by nj3472
I want to apply for a course to transfer 2nd year from a different course. I contacted the uni about it and they said I would have to catch up on some fashion knowledge (because I want to do fashion marketing) over the summer and read a reading list because 50% of my other course doesn't relate to this course. Do I write in my UCAS statement that I am going to be reading over the summer? I don't know what to put

Thanks

Hi there,

I definitely would mention any extra-curricular activities you will be doing to prepare your self for the course. The extra effort of reading around the subject shows your interest and passion so would be a good talking point. If you want some more in depth advice about your UCAS statement I have listed a couple of links below-

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/writing-personal-statement/how-write-personal-statement
ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/writing-personal-statement/personal-statement-the-killer-opening.

I hope this helps

Loren Snowden
UoP Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending