The Student Room Group

Do I need to inform the university about my job?

Hey everyone, I'm an international student on a Tier 4 visa. I've completed my Masters course and received my results. I've recently got a part-time job starting Monday, 15th Nov. Do I need to inform the university about this? I'm not sure if this is a requirement under compliance of the Student Visa. Thanks.
Original post by Aburjwal
Hey everyone, I'm an international student on a Tier 4 visa. I've completed my Masters course and received my results. I've recently got a part-time job starting Monday, 15th Nov. Do I need to inform the university about this? I'm not sure if this is a requirement under compliance of the Student Visa. Thanks.

Hi there,

Normally you wouldn't have to notify University if you have a job; however, with student visa's this may be different. I would recommend getting in touch with your University to see if you need to disclose anything. I know at the University of Portsmouth we have a lot of visa advice so I would get in contact with your University. If you wanted a bit of information before you get in to contact with someone the University of Cambridge have a really good webpage regarding working with a student visa- https://www.internationalstudents.cam.ac.uk/student-visa-responsibilities/working-student-visa

I hope this helps
Loren Snowden UoP Student Ambassdor

Quick Reply

Latest