How do I study/revise alevel English literature?

Watch this thread
b447m
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I've read all of my set texts a couple of times and have made notes on criticisms/contexts.
I'm doing distance learning and don't have anyone to mark essays I write so I'm wondering if there's any kind of online resources that allows me to revise essay technique/structure better?
username4729656
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by b447m)
I've read all of my set texts a couple of times and have made notes on criticisms/contexts.
I'm doing distance learning and don't have anyone to mark essays I write so I'm wondering if there's any kind of online resources that allows me to revise essay technique/structure better?
What exam board are you? If you’re OCR there’s some example essays in their website which are really helpful to work through. Plus if it is OCR I can offer some help too - I got an A* in my end of y12 Literature mock
b447m
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by louisecarter01)
What exam board are you? If you’re OCR there’s some example essays in their website which are really helpful to work through. Plus if it is OCR I can offer some help too - I got an A* in my end of y12 Literature mock
I'm edexcel unfortunately
username4729656
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by b447m)
I'm edexcel unfortunately
Oh that’s a shame! Some general resources which are good across english lit a-level (regardless of exam board) are:

“Mr Bruff’s Guide to A-Level English Literature” (An amazing guide which acts as a general overview)

* I’ve also found the York Notes revision guides really good for the essay questions which assess context, as there’s lots of good specific info in there!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (185)
41.67%
The paper was reasonable (197)
44.37%
Not feeling great about that exam... (39)
8.78%
It was TERRIBLE (23)
5.18%

Watched Threads