Law rejections

Watch this thread
arlene1202
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone, haven’t actually received any responses from the unis I applied to, but just curious, are universities already giving out rejections for some? And for what reason?
Fruity Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by arlene1202)
Hi everyone, haven’t actually received any responses from the unis I applied to, but just curious, are universities already giving out rejections for some? And for what reason?
First of all - no new is good news - many unis like Bath, Durham and Exeter won’t offer until all ucas forms are in so mid Jan. Others will offer within days or weeks if you applying.

Unis reject people because either they don’t meet the criteria for the course. So if you applied fir a course with requirements of AAB and you have BBC predicted then you will probably get a rejection.

With popular courses sometimes admissions have a difficult task. There maybe 250 applicants all with the correct predicted grades or higher, all with a good Personal statement and only 80 places. So you can be great but you may still get rejected so you must never take it to heart. Admissions will pick a mixture of people looking for the best fit for their course.

Where have you applied ?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by arlene1202)
Some unis will already have sent out rejections. The reason will normally be that people have applied to competitive unis that have strict A level requirements they are very unlikely to achieve. An example would be someone applying to A*AA/AAA unis with predicted grades significantly below that.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Many top Unis have not made many offers yet and are waiting until they have all applications January before giving out of the bulk of their offers.

Unless you simply domt meet their minimum entry requirements, its unlikley you will get a Rejection at this stage. Most rejections come once Uni start getting to the granular offers in Fe/March/April.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
19.23%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (2)
7.69%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
15.38%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
11.54%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
26.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
19.23%

Watched Threads