Occupational Therapy Applicants 2022

Watch this thread
violapond
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Where is everyone applying?
Have you submitted your application yet?
Do you know if/when you're getting an interview?
Last edited by violapond; 6 months ago
alex.nwafor124
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Hi mate could you give me tips on what to write about in my personal statement
Calibann
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Hello 👋

I can’t believe there isn’t a mega thread on the go!

I have applied to OT and Physio at Cardiff. No response yet!
Last edited by Calibann; 6 months ago
de chalain
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Hey! haven't applied yet but looking mainly at UWE or Bournemouth. where are you looking at?
violapond
Rep:
(Original post by Calibann)
Hello 👋

I can’t believe there isn’t a mega thread on the go!

I have applied to OT and Physio at Cardiff. No response yet!
Ah, cool! I'm also applying to Cardiff (but haven't submitted anything yet). Are you applying as a mature student, or straight out of sixth form / college?
violapond
Rep:
(Original post by de chalain)
Hey! haven't applied yet but looking mainly at UWE or Bournemouth. where are you looking at?
I'm looking at Cardiff, UEA, UWE, and Plymouth. I haven't submitted my application yet, though.
Calibann
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by violapond)
Ah, cool! I'm also applying to Cardiff (but haven't submitted anything yet). Are you applying as a mature student, or straight out of sixth form / college?
Mature cheddar for sure 😎 haha!
Good luck with your application!
Sherbet99!
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Hi fellow applicants,

I am applying for the PGDip in Occupational Therapy at London South Bank.

I've not heard anything at all since my application. Curious as to when we'll start getting responses/invites to interview?

I'm also a mature student.

Good luck to everyone!
dominiquescant
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I have not applied to any universities yet as I am still awaiting to start my access course - pushing it I know :/ However, I will be applying by the January deadline to UCLAN, Derby, Salford, Gloucestershire and Bournemouth. I am worried about getting clinical experience/shadowing an OT as so far I haven’t had any luck due to covid and strict restrictions still in place in some hospitals. Has anyone applied having no experience of shadowing an OT?
de chalain
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I haven’t applied yet either so don’t worry! X
Calibann
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by dominiquescant)
Hi, I have not applied to any universities yet as I am still awaiting to start my access course - pushing it I know :/ However, I will be applying by the January deadline to UCLAN, Derby, Salford, Gloucestershire and Bournemouth. I am worried about getting clinical experience/shadowing an OT as so far I haven’t had any luck due to covid and strict restrictions still in place in some hospitals. Has anyone applied having no experience of shadowing an OT?
I don’t have experience but that isn’t for lack of trying! COVID-19 restrictions prohibits them in my region still. They offer shadowing to school age individuals, but sadly and discriminatively, not anyone past 21. 🌚
sunsetlover321
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I don’t have experience but that isn’t for lack of trying! COVID-19 restrictions prohibits them in my region still. They offer shadowing to school age individuals, but sadly and discriminatively, not anyone past 21. 🌚
Hi!
I have recently applied for occupational therapy at the age of 17.
I have applied to Derby, Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Northampton and Cumbria.
I have no experience but I did complete a virtual work experience which I was able to include in my personal statement.
I have recently received 2 interviews - one on the 1st and the other on the 13th of December.
I am currently preparing for them both which I stressful but I feel like I should do okay
dominiquescant
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Ooh congrats! 🥳 How exciting! I will be absolutely cacking it when it comes to the interview stage haha. Best to just be prepared and go over potential questions they may ask and just make sure your passion for doing OT shines through. How did you manage the virtual experience? Through a hospital?
Calibann
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
Hi!
I have recently applied for occupational therapy at the age of 17.
I have applied to Derby, Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Northampton and Cumbria.
I have no experience but I did complete a virtual work experience which I was able to include in my personal statement.
I have recently received 2 interviews - one on the 1st and the other on the 13th of December.
I am currently preparing for them both which I stressful but I feel like I should do okay
Brilliant!

You’ll do great. Interviews are always a bit awkward but they are used to seeing nerves, they just want to see passion and personality. 🌻
sunsetlover321
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by dominiquescant)
Ooh congrats! 🥳 How exciting! I will be absolutely cacking it when it comes to the interview stage haha. Best to just be prepared and go over potential questions they may ask and just make sure your passion for doing OT shines through. How did you manage the virtual experience? Through a hospital?
Yeah I did the work experience through a hospital during October half term.
It was very good because most hospitals are not doing actual work experience due to covid.
sunsetlover321
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Brilliant!

You’ll do great. Interviews are always a bit awkward but they are used to seeing nerves, they just want to see passion and personality. 🌻
Thank you
I do hope so as I want to be an OT more than anything!
de chalain
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
Thank you
I do hope so as I want to be an OT more than anything!
Well I genuinely hope so as that’s why most of use study the subjects we want ☺️
sunsetlover321
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Does anyone know if the virtual interviews involve a group task?
Onw of my univeristies said online something about a group task but the info is for face to face not virtual
information from said uni is below
https://www.cumbria.ac.uk/study/cour.../interview.php
Thank you
Calibann
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I have my interview on Monday for Cardiff
pearllkitten
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I have my interview on Monday for Cardiff
Ah good luck let us know how it goes!! Mine is on Tuesday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads