Not wanting my parents to know my problems

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can your teacher tell your parents problems if it means outing you or something else on an equal level?
viktorismyplant
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
well they have that private confidentiality thing but if they feel like your parents need to know they will tell
Anonymous #1
(Original post by viktorismyplant)
well they have that private confidentiality thing but if they feel like your parents need to know they will tell
Thanks how bad does it have to be for them to tell do you know (also I'm a UK resident)
username5862010
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
They can, but if you don't feel safe around your parents tell that teacher that you don't trust your parents and would rather deal with the school counselor or something.

Teachers need to realise not all legal caretakers, will take care of you.
username5862010
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks how bad does it have to be for them to tell do you know (also I'm a UK resident)
they are obliged to tell if you are at risk or might put someone else at risk of harm. what is your situation?
Anonymous #1
Basically, I found out i was bi because i think my parents are homophobic and i want help but they can't know. Does a teacher have to tell them if it outs me?
Last edited by Interrobang; 2 weeks ago
viktorismyplant
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
well it really depends. if youre in danger or anything that they feel your legal careers need to know like mental health stuff then i guess theyll tell. idrk ive been in a similar situation but my parents knew from the start
viktorismyplant
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Basically, I found out i was bi because i think my parents are homophobic and i want help but they can't know. Does a teacher have to tell them if it outs me?
oh damn im so sorry :console: im bi too so you can pm me anytime if you need any support or help x
you should be able to tell your school that and hopefully theyll help. theres a girl in my class who gets help from the school from her abusive parents and they haven't told
Anonymous #1
My parents aren't abusive or anything like that but i just don't want them to know. Basically i just want someone in school who i trust and can talk to like venting really. Also thanks for the offer that would be cool (first time on here so im still figuring out how to work this app)
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Teachers aren't allowed to keep secrets and in most cases would tell your parents, unless your parents were directly involved and were abusing you or something.
If you told a teacher this it is safeguarding concern and so the likelihood is they would tell your parents.
viktorismyplant
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
My parents aren't abusive or anything like that but i just don't want them to know. Basically i just want someone in school who i trust and can talk to like venting really. Also thanks for the offer that would be cool (first time on here so im still figuring out how to work this app)
hmmm going by what the above user said, theyll prob tell your parents so i guess youll have to find a close friend or someone to rant to. i rant on here a lot so my pms are open also i can show you about tsr. this may be a new account but im not new to tsr lmao
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Not sure why anyone would think it's okay for a teacher to out someone without their permission, but no, unless you are at risk of harming yourself or harming others, teachers do not have a right to give explicit details regarding what a student discloses
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.79%
Okay (69)
28.87%
A bit lacking (89)
37.24%
Not good at all (60)
25.1%

Watched Threads