Should I get a breast reduction

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I get rashes under my boobs, they hurt when I run I've had back problems directly because of them since I was 12 (I'm 20 now).
They are ruining my mental health because people sexualize me and I can't fit in clothes I want to wear because everything makes them look bigger. I don't feel confident in the gym because they bounce all the time and sports bras that fit and are supportive are really expensive. I'm also very small so it just feels out of proportion a little
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
Surely a breast reduction is infinitely more expensive than a decent supportive sports bra?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Surely a breast reduction is infinitely more expensive than a decent supportive sports bra?
you beat me to it!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Agree - good support bra and good hygiene will go a long way and are much cheaper
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
To the posters who are commenting as if a sports bra will solve all of OP's problems, did you choose not to read the part where she's getting sexualised and has physical and mental health issues because of it?

OP, please speak to a counsellor and a doctor and think about the pros and cons of getting a breast reduction. If the pros outweigh the cons for you, then get it. If they don't, then don't. From what you've written, it seems you've been suffering a long time because of the size of your breasts. I hope you find a solution that works for you.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
To the posters who are commenting as if a sports bra will solve all of OP's problems, did you choose not to read the part where she's getting sexualised and has physical and mental health issues because of it?
Never said it would solve all her problems. Women with small breasts also get sexualised so a breast reduction will not necessarily solve that issue either. A good bra will help with the physical issue and I agree with you re seeing someone re the mental health issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
21.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.51%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.51%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.64%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
25.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
25.53%

Watched Threads