Malaysian Medical university: IMU or RCSI/UCD campus

Watch
jeon_boo
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi! I’m a Malaysian high school student who has just graduated
I’m keen on studying medicine and i have two universities in mind.
They are IMU (international medical university) and RUMC (RCSI & UCD Malaysian campus).

I would really really really appreciate if you could share with me:
1. How is / was your experiences like in studying in any of the universities above (eg: the campus, the exposure to patients and different diseases, clinical years experience etc)
2. How are the lecturers
3. Is it better to study the preclinical years locally in Malaysia and clinical years overseas or
4. Is it better to study the preclinical years overseas and the clinical years in Malaysia

I am genuinely very lost on which pathway is better (question 3 or 4) and am unsure of what’s gonna happen during the clinical years.
Your input would be really helpful for me 🥺

Thank youu and have a nice day ☺️
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
This is a UK based forum, you're better off asking this question elsewhere.
jeon_boo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ooh I see, thanks… 😅
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (101)
34.47%
Yes - a trusted person (83)
28.33%
No (78)
26.62%
I'm not sure (31)
10.58%

Watched Threads