The Student Room Group

Sixth form

How does it work? Like say you apply to 4 sixth forms can you be accepted into more than one and then make a choice of which you want to go to, or do they choose one if you don’t get in then look at the next one,or if you do get in then they don’t look at the others, if ygm, idek if I’m making sense 😭
Original post by Anonymous_268
How does it work? Like say you apply to 4 sixth forms can you be accepted into more than one and then make a choice of which you want to go to, or do they choose one if you don’t get in then look at the next one,or if you do get in then they don’t look at the others, if ygm, idek if I’m making sense 😭

So...you apply to 4 sixth form/colleges (whatever the amount is) and let's say you get accepted by all. On results day, you'll prob. get emails from each place, and you'll be able to choose which one you want to go to. If you get 'rejected' by one place (it's like realllyyyyy rare in terms of sixth form/college level) then you just choose from whatever you have left.

Hope that helps!
Original post by Bookworm_88
So...you apply to 4 sixth form/colleges (whatever the amount is) and let's say you get accepted by all. On results day, you'll prob. get emails from each place, and you'll be able to choose which one you want to go to. If you get 'rejected' by one place (it's like realllyyyyy rare in terms of sixth form/college level) then you just choose from whatever you have left.

Hope that helps!

Yes this is really helpful, thank you so much!!!
Yes this is really helpful, thank you so much!!!

Npnp...I can't believe that I was in your situation only a year ago (nearly 2 :tongue:) wow that waas a longggg time ago
Original post by Bookworm_88
Npnp...I can't believe that I was in your situation only a year ago (nearly 2 :tongue:) wow that waas a longggg time ago

Wowwww, time goes too fast 😭 I still remember being in year 7, it feels like it was just last year ngl
Wowwww, time goes too fast 😭 I still remember being in year 7, it feels like it was just last year ngl

Honestlyyyy, that's exactly how i feel baout when I started 6th form, now I'm near the end 😭

Quick Reply

Latest