User0909
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Would I be able to become a Business Studies teacher in a secondary school with a law degree (LLB).
I’m currently studying a BTEC national extended diploma in Business and either want to do Business or Law at university, and whether or not I could teach could be the deciding factor so and input would be greatly appreciated.
Thx
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by User0909)
Would I be able to become a Business Studies teacher in a secondary school with a law degree (LLB).
I’m currently studying a BTEC national extended diploma in Business and either want to do Business or Law at university, and whether or not I could teach could be the deciding factor so and input would be greatly appreciated.
Thx
Yes

Any business studies or social science secondary PGCE after your degree would be good.

Get experience in schools too. See if there is a peer support role at University you can carry out that would help with your experience.
Last edited by Ash1234; 3 weeks ago
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by User0909)
Thx
It would definitely be possible to get on a Business PGCE.

Do bear in mind that not all schools offer these subjects, and even if they do, it may not make up a full time job, so make sure you are clear on your employment prospects after training to teach.

I do wonder if Law is the right choice of degree if your end goal is to teach a different subject, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads