Missed withdrawl period on the pill should I be worried

Watch
username5863409
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I have started my first pack of birth control and took my last pill Tuesday night for a 7 day break and still haven’t started my period. During my time taking the pill the condom split after day 5 of usage so decided to get the morning after just to be safe incase the pill wasn’t yet effective. After 2 weeks of taking the pill I have had unprotected sex but being as safe as possible. Should I be worried?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username5863409)
I have started my first pack of birth control and took my last pill Tuesday night for a 7 day break and still haven’t started my period. During my time taking the pill the condom split after day 5 of usage so decided to get the morning after just to be safe incase the pill wasn’t yet effective. After 2 weeks of taking the pill I have had unprotected sex but being as safe as possible. Should I be worried?
If you are worried about things after having unprotected sex then just do a pregnancy test about week after you did deeds. ( can do it between 7 - 21 days)

But as you were sensible and took the morning after pill then you should be absolutely fine ok.

*******************************************************************************.
If you're on birth control and not getting your period during your placebo week, there's no need to worry, especially if you know you've been taking your pill every day. It's normal for your period to be lighter and shorter than usual, especially if you've been on birth control for a while.

Is it normal to miss a withdrawal bleed on the pill........
If you're taking oral contraceptives, missing a “period” (it's actually just withdrawal bleeding) might be confusing. But missing a withdrawal bleed on birth control isn't that uncommon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
10.21%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
2.98%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.38%
Finding the motivation (65)
27.66%
Getting distracted (43)
18.3%
Procrastination (79)
33.62%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.43%

Watched Threads