The Student Room Group

Breaking into investment banking

I'm currently in year 12,and living in Egypt, and I'm applying to an International Foundation Programme at King's College London for September 2022 Entry. I fear that the lack of completion of A Levels would not allow me to get into investment banking. I would also like to ask if King's College London is a target school or not.
no one cares if you did a-levels tbh, as long as you meet the pre reqs for your country's education system, grades are only 1 part of the profile and extra currics and other stuff matter a lot too.

King's is a solid semi-target. If you do all the right stuff you should be fine. Great social life too.
Reply 2
Btw, what course are u applying to?
As long as your grades are equivalent of ABB A-Levels, you should be fine.
Original post by leviticus.
no one cares if you did a-levels tbh, as long as you meet the pre reqs for your country's education system, grades are only 1 part of the profile and extra currics and other stuff matter a lot too.

King's is a solid semi-target. If you do all the right stuff you should be fine. Great social life too.

Kings isn’t a solid semi-target, I would say it’s an semi-ish target at best. The semi-targets are Durham, notts, bristol and bath. I would say the semi-ish targets would be Exeter, kcl, Edinburgh and manchester.
Original post by Laurence00
Kings isn’t a solid semi-target, I would say it’s an semi-ish target at best. The semi-targets are Durham, notts, bristol and bath. I would say the semi-ish targets would be Exeter, kcl, Edinburgh and manchester.

Everyday on this forum people find a new way to categorise schools, it's amazing.

Kings is a semi-target, just leave it at that.
Reply 6
Original post by anonuser99
Everyday on this forum people find a new way to categorise schools, it's amazing.

Kings is a semi-target, just leave it at that.

can you name the list of Targets and Semi-Targets in UK
Reply 8
Original post by Kolta
Btw, what course are u applying to?

The Mathematics and Economics IFP.
Reply 9
Original post by mvhmoud
I'm currently in year 12,and living in Egypt, and I'm applying to an International Foundation Programme at King's College London for September 2022 Entry. I fear that the lack of completion of A Levels would not allow me to get into investment banking. I would also like to ask if King's College London is a target school or not.

Hi! I applied to King's foundation as well. Have you applied?
Reply 10
Original post by tortilaa
Hi! I applied to King's foundation as well. Have you applied?

Just submitted my application, do you happen to know how long do they take to reply?
Original post by mvhmoud
Just submitted my application, do you happen to know how long do they take to reply?

I sent off my application in early November and got the offer at December 15th
Reply 12
Original post by tortilaa
I sent off my application in early November and got the offer at December 15th

Congrats! Thanks for the info.
Original post by mvhmoud
Congrats! Thanks for the info.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest