The Student Room Group

Will I be short in the future?

Right hey. I’m just gonna go straight into it. I am 5”4 or 5”5 for sure. I am 14 in like 2 weeks. I am scared I’m gonna be small forever. So basically, when I was like 10 I was like 4’10 at least I used to be tiny. I have a twin sister and she was taller than me she was like 5’0. But when I was 11 I got this mad growth spurt which made me reach the same height as my sister. 5’0 and then I continued growing and now I am taller than my twin sister by at least 3 inches. My mum is 5’1 and my dad is 5’5 or 5’6. I am now 5’4 or 5’5 (I haven’t measured). I am closing up to my dad and I’ve read that your final height is gonna be like your dad’s. I came quite early in puberty which means an early end in growth. I am pretty far in puberty I guess I’ve got pube hair, hairy legs, tiny mustache, no facial hair, deep voice. I started getting these changes at 12. I am scared I am gonna go small though. Although I’m almost taller than my dad I really don’t wanna be his height. My expected height is 5”9 according to the most accurate height calculator. Please help me find out what my future height will be. My little brother is expected to be 6”4 and we have the same parents. Help I’m worrying. Thank you.
Some guys grow after 18, it could go either way tbh
Original post by yeyeskizzzz
Right hey. I’m just gonna go straight into it. I am 5”4 or 5”5 for sure. I am 14 in like 2 weeks. I am scared I’m gonna be small forever. So basically, when I was like 10 I was like 4’10 at least I used to be tiny. I have a twin sister and she was taller than me she was like 5’0. But when I was 11 I got this mad growth spurt which made me reach the same height as my sister. 5’0 and then I continued growing and now I am taller than my twin sister by at least 3 inches. My mum is 5’1 and my dad is 5’5 or 5’6. I am now 5’4 or 5’5 (I haven’t measured). I am closing up to my dad and I’ve read that your final height is gonna be like your dad’s. I came quite early in puberty which means an early end in growth. I am pretty far in puberty I guess I’ve got pube hair, hairy legs, tiny mustache, no facial hair, deep voice. I started getting these changes at 12. I am scared I am gonna go small though. Although I’m almost taller than my dad I really don’t wanna be his height. My expected height is 5”9 according to the most accurate height calculator. Please help me find out what my future height will be. My little brother is expected to be 6”4 and we have the same parents. Help I’m worrying. Thank you.

There’s not a lot you can do to predict height as it’s not always right. Both my sister and I were predicted 5ft 1, she’s taller than that and I’m 4ft 11. Just don’t worry about being short it really doesn’t matter

I'm not sure there's an accurate measure to gauge your height once you finish growing... seeing as you're a teenager, you probably haven't fully gones through puberty which means you still have plenty of time to grow. I've seen some of my friends shoot up during secondary school and they were small at the beginning when I knew them.
Puberty can kick you in the butt when you least expect it so I wouldn't try to worry too much and just let nature take its course. However, saying that, a lot of factors such as genes, environment, nutrition, hormones, activity levels, and medical conditions all can influence your height during your growth. If you find there's a similar height trend in the family, then it's highly unlikely you're going to be as tall as you wish to be. Or, genes may play in your favour and you will reach your desired height.
There are so many other things that are more important in life than your height. Yes, height as part of physical appearance is part of the attraction, but it's not the most important trait to have. It's enhancing what you do have and appreciating what you have as opposed to what you don't.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
My expected height is 5”9 according to the most accurate height calculator. Please help me find out what my future height will be.

Your expected height is 5'9 according to the most accurate height calculator. You're not going to get anything more than that, certainly not from asking random strangers on a website to guess.

The expected height thing isn't very accurate, you will most likely be one or two inches above your dad with the right nutrition, sleep and also stretching before bed. Don't lose hope however, as you could still grow past that.

Quick Reply

Latest