how to revise maths

Watch
Badsha Alam
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
how to revise maths

CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Maths is methodological. Meaning that if you answered questions from a topic continuously, there becomes a point where you can answer a variation of the same type without much thought because you’ve already practiced so much. You might notice the variation differ slightly and that’s why understanding is important.

Text book questions are beautiful for revision, or you can try topic by past papers from Physicsandmathstutor.com. Anything you’re stuck on, ask a teacher for help immediately and if they’re no use then check online (YouTube videos). Do past papers once you’ve finished all content (or just skip out questions you haven’t learnt yet) then identify your weaker topics - do questions from the topic using your text book then repeat with another past paper. (Save a few past papers to do under timed conditions when exam seasons approach, maybe like 8.)

For clarity, I got GCSE Maths grade 9, and A level maths A*. Hopefully this is helpful and if not then I’m happy to answer further questions. have a nice day. :yy:
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 3 weeks ago
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Invent your own exam style practice questions. Tackle past exam papers too. You can find them online.
damonhudnall
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
From experience studying Maths through to university, personally I find going through past exam papers is the best way to revise. You will end up tackling varying styles of questions, and you can also easily highlight which are your strong/weak areas. I also found, doing exams/questions with friends is a great way to revise, and it is easier to be motivated if you are revising with others (as long as they are motivated!).
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
mathsbot.com has loads of free GCSE revision resources for different grades and that
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
two words. practice questions

practice/past paper qns are ur best friend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.59%
Okay (86)
29.45%
A bit lacking (106)
36.3%
Not good at all (72)
24.66%

Watched Threads