jemmabond
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Unfortunately I wasn't able to pass my placements on my PGCE which means I won't be gaining QTS. Apart from being a teaching assistant, what are the other options available to me?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
If you'd just done a PGCE without QTS, there would be options available to you, such as teaching privately, or teaching post 16, or finding a job where you could get QTS via the assessment only route.

The fact that you have failed your placements, however, will be a major concern to any prospective employer. I think TA/Supply/Pastoral work are likely to be your only options if you want to continue to work in the education sector.

However, if you have failed your placements, I would unfortunately be seriously considering whether working in schools is for you. I'm sorry.
sophiastar
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jemmabond)
Unfortunately I wasn't able to pass my placements on my PGCE which means I won't be gaining QTS. Apart from being a teaching assistant, what are the other options available to me?
Why did you fail your placement?
jemmabond
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sophiastar)
Why did you fail your placement?
I didn't meet the teaching standards
sophiastar
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jemmabond)
I didn't meet the teaching standards
Which one? if you don't mind me asking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads