deukaeae
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My choices for Post-16 are Maths, Chemistry and Computer Science and all are very suited for me and I'm happy with my choices a lot. My mum would really like me to do A Level Psychology as a 4th A Level. Although I think Psychology is really interesting and I know many who have studied it and loved it and many who want to study it, I don't know if it's a good idea. Unlike my other choices, it's not something I want to exactly pursue even if it may be beneficial and I wouldnt mind doing it, and as a 4th A Level I'm unsure if it's really necessary as it doesn't exactly go with my other choices. I've heard that though it's 'easy' it's a lot of content to learn as well. What do you think?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Not a good idea... only take 4 A levels if the 4th one is FM and besides all those A levels are rather difficult
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by deukaeae)
My choices for Post-16 are Maths, Chemistry and Computer Science and all are very suited for me and I'm happy with my choices a lot. My mum would really like me to do A Level Psychology as a 4th A Level. Although I think Psychology is really interesting and I know many who have studied it and loved it and many who want to study it, I don't know if it's a good idea. Unlike my other choices, it's not something I want to exactly pursue even if it may be beneficial and I wouldnt mind doing it, and as a 4th A Level I'm unsure if it's really necessary as it doesn't exactly go with my other choices. I've heard that though it's 'easy' it's a lot of content to learn as well. What do you think?
You could take it to start with to see how you get on.
You could always drop it if you don't like it or doing 4 is too much etc.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
My mum would really like me to do A Level Psychology as a 4th A Level.......
You dont need 4 A levels. No UK University requires this and you dont get any extra credit for attempting it.
Remember, doing 4 subjects risks all your grades. AAA will always look better than ABBB, and that could cost you a Uni place.

If your Mum is that interested, then suggest to her that she takes an A level in Psych.
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Wouldn't recommend it, unless you're allowed to drop one subject for A2.
Zuvio
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
My choices for Post-16 are Maths, Chemistry and Computer Science and all are very suited for me and I'm happy with my choices a lot. My mum would really like me to do A Level Psychology as a 4th A Level. Although I think Psychology is really interesting and I know many who have studied it and loved it and many who want to study it, I don't know if it's a good idea. Unlike my other choices, it's not something I want to exactly pursue even if it may be beneficial and I wouldn't mind doing it, and as a 4th A Level I'm unsure if it's really necessary as it doesn't exactly go with my other choices. I've heard that though it's 'easy' it's a lot of content to learn as well. What do you think?
Don't take a 4th A level unless you're sure you want to do it and can handle the extra workload. So, from what you've said, I don't think you should take psychology. It's really none of your mum's business what A Levels you take, it's your future that will be affected. Unis only require 3 A levels, so put quality before quantity. Is there a particular reason why your mum wants you to take psychology? Is she the kind of person who would be difficult if you don't take it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (1)
7.69%
Okay (5)
38.46%
A bit lacking (4)
30.77%
Not good at all (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads