University of Buckingham A100 January 2023 entry

Watch
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Welcome to the Buckingham A100 (January) 2023 entry discussion.

Buckingham A100 (January) 2022 thread:https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6849480

Buckingham A100 (January) 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6389540

For general information click: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine/undergrad/mbchb

For entry requirements click: https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicin...ntry-info-link

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 2 months ago
YoungEmrys
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Does Buckingham only start their course in January or is there a September cohort as well? I think I read something like that but I could be mistaken
a.dsouza1_
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
Does Buckingham only start their course in January or is there a September cohort as well? I think I read something like that but I could be mistaken
I think they used to have a September and January cohort in the previous years but now there is only a January start.
YoungEmrys
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by a.dsouza1_)
I think they used to have a September and January cohort in the previous years but now there is only a January start.
Ah, ok. Thank you!
poppy1063
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone else received an interview invite?
namisha
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey im a international student - indiani have applied to buckinghamdidnt hear from them yet tho
loveforchelsea
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When does the University of Buckingham start sending out the invites?
poppy1063
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by loveforchelsea)
When does the University of Buckingham start sending out the invites?
I got an interview invite on November 8th for February 10th 2022. Invites are sent on a rolling basis though so I wouldn’t worry too much about it!
loveforchelsea
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by poppy1063)
I got an interview invite on November 8th for February 10th 2022. Invites are sent on a rolling basis though so I wouldn’t worry too much about it!
Oh right, thanks for the info. Also, if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
Last edited by loveforchelsea; 1 month ago
poppy1063
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by loveforchelsea)
Oh right, thanks for the info. Also, if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?
October 21st was when I finished sending everything in and got confirmation on October 26 that they have received everything. It was a quick turnaround.
Seaking
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
October 21st was when I finished sending everything in and got confirmation on October 26 that they have received everything. It was a quick turnaround.
Is it ok if you could say what your stats are in your application that got you an interview? By that I mean your grades for instance. I’m an international student looking to apply so I want to have an idea of my chances of getting an interview.
Lamiaaelk
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello, my daughter just got email for mmi for buckingham medical school. I want to know which course offer better preparation materials and mocks for that interview type. She didn't take any mmi before. Thanks
ecolier
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lamiaaelk)
Hello, my daughter just got email for mmi for buckingham medical school. I want to know which course offer better preparation materials and mocks for that interview type. She didn't take any mmi before. Thanks
None really, just read about the MMI format and practise! You don't have to spend any money - I would discourage against any paid courses.

Use this thread, the one we're in now, to discuss about Buckingham admissions.

Use this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7094579 to ask questions and discuss interviews.
drkapilg
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lebronto3011)
I submitted my buckingham application yesterday for january 2022 start... is this considered too late?
When should I expect an Interview invite?
Do they offer interviews and offers on first come first basis depending on when the application is submitted??
WINDBRO
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, i am an international student and I got an offer for September 2022 entry, At first when I searched about this university it sounded pretty good like any other university in the UK. But then later I found out through quora that the university is not recognized by the MCI not the GMC. Apparently the MD in unrecognized and can be done by oneself to prepare for PLABS/MRCP. I am here to get some guidance from y’all, will i be able to do my residency as soon as I graduate from university of Buckingham? Because I am paying a premium. There is no point paying it untill there is an guarantee for me to work there.
ecolier
Rep:
(Original post by WINDBRO)
Hi, i am an international student and I got an offer for September 2022 entry, At first when I searched about this university it sounded pretty good like any other university in the UK. But then later I found out through quora that the university is not recognized by the MCI not the GMC. Apparently the MD in unrecognized and can be done by oneself to prepare for PLABS/MRCP. I am here to get some guidance from y’all, will i be able to do my residency as soon as I graduate from university of Buckingham? Because I am paying a premium. There is no point paying it untill there is an guarantee for me to work there.
Yes the University of Buckingham is recognised by the GMC. I have worked with junior doctors who graduated from there.
WINDBRO
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Yes the University of Buckingham is recognised by the GMC. I have worked with junior doctors who graduated from there.
So, after I graduate do I need to struggle to find a placement in a residency program? By struggle i mean trying to crack the UKMLE that are going to happen from 2024 onwards? And is my medicine degree as recognizable as any other medical university in the UK?
ecolier
Rep:
(Original post by WINDBRO)
So, after I graduate do I need to struggle to find a placement in a residency program? By struggle i mean trying to crack the UKMLE that are going to happen from 2024 onwards? And is my medicine degree as recognizable as any other medical university in the UK?
In the UK we don't call it residency - it's specialty training here. No UK doctors are called "residents".

Yes, it will be the same as all other medical degrees.
WINDBRO
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone else received an interview invite?
I have! And i am so conused!
WINDBRO
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Is this true?
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.9%
October 2021 (233)
44.64%
November 2021 (63)
12.07%
December 2021 (66)
12.64%
January 2021 (65)
12.45%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.24%