gyl
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I am starting IB this year. They only offer the IB Diploma. I won't be able to cope with the full program due to my language (I speaks Mandarin and English but the school doesn't offer Mandarin), so the school are proposing that I choose only the subjects I want to do and will therefore not get an IB Diploma, but instead certificates for the courses I select.I will most probably do Higher level Art , Mathis, Physics, History and Standard level EnglishDoes anyone know how this will be viewed by University admissions?And which school accept certificates? I am thinking about doing architect in the future. And I want to go to Hong-Kong, Italy, France, Netherlands, Germany, Singapore for the university in the future.Thanks for replying.
booklover1313
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gyl)
Hello, I am starting IB this year. They only offer the IB Diploma. I won't be able to cope with the full program due to my language (I speaks Mandarin and English but the school doesn't offer Mandarin), so the school are proposing that I choose only the subjects I want to do and will therefore not get an IB Diploma, but instead certificates for the courses I select.I will most probably do Higher level Art , Mathis, Physics, History and Standard level EnglishDoes anyone know how this will be viewed by University admissions?And which school accept certificates? I am thinking about doing architect in the future. And I want to go to Hong-Kong, Italy, France, Netherlands, Germany, Singapore for the university in the future.Thanks for replying.
How about doing English as your 'native language', and then doing a foreign language Ab inito? Like german, italian, french? I think most UK unis would want the full diploma... Are there any other schools in your area that offer the IB?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.86%
Okay (68)
28.69%
A bit lacking (89)
37.55%
Not good at all (59)
24.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise