freads92
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I wanted to ask a few questions, the first being, how does the uni test your literacy and numeracy test , do they tell you to write a story or is it just a series of spelling and grammar questions, what should I expect in the numeracy test. 2nd - what happens in the group task interview , what scenarios are given, do we have to give a presentation . what happens if the interview doesn't go well ?Sorry if everything I wrote doesn't make sense, it's quite rushed.any advice would be very helpful, Thanks in advance
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by freads92)
Hi, I wanted to ask a few questions, the first being, how does the uni test your literacy and numeracy test , do they tell you to write a story or is it just a series of spelling and grammar questions, what should I expect in the numeracy test. 2nd - what happens in the group task interview , what scenarios are given, do we have to give a presentation . what happens if the interview doesn't go well ?Sorry if everything I wrote doesn't make sense, it's quite rushed.any advice would be very helpful, Thanks in advance
This will vary from place to place ...
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi freads92,
it will indeed vary from place to place. The format of the literacy and numeracy tasks vary, some are inspired by the old professional skills tests, it might be worth having a look at some online. Your literacy is sometimes checked through a written task, typically, you respond to a quote or comment on an article about education.
Group tasks are usually designed to assess your interpersonal skills- do you listen to people and how do you interact with others? The success or failure of the task is usually secondary, it is your interaction that is assessed.
All the best with your interview.

Laure
freads92
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Get into Teaching)
Hi freads92,
it will indeed vary from place to place. The format of the literacy and numeracy tasks vary, some are inspired by the old professional skills tests, it might be worth having a look at some online. Your literacy is sometimes checked through a written task, typically, you respond to a quote or comment on an article about education.
Group tasks are usually designed to assess your interpersonal skills- do you listen to people and how do you interact with others? The success or failure of the task is usually secondary, it is your interaction that is assessed.
All the best with your interview.

Laure
Thank you soo much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads