The Student Room Group

A Level Summer Resits 2022 MEGATHREAD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aliaa03
fr i missed a lot of A2 due to GCSE resits, and since we had 2 teachers they both covered a different topic at a time. finding it really difficult to self teach neurones and the liver and respiration :s-smilie:

I've barely started A2 content-was trying to whizz through the AS stuff first but I find that I've forgotten so much of it! Bio is ok for me but chem is a nightmare!!
Original post by YoungEmrys
I've barely started A2 content-was trying to whizz through the AS stuff first but I find that I've forgotten so much of it! Bio is ok for me but chem is a nightmare!!

opposite for me !! 🤣 i’ve started with the last module of A2 which is biotechnology, populations, ecology, etc as those were the last things i covered before leaving school so it’s still a bit fresh !! I quite like chemistry. I have finished all of AS now, if you need any help with those topics please let me know :smile:
So glad I'm not the only one! The thing you attached about mocks has me worried because they said the first set needs to be done before Xmas. That means we have to register ASAP right?

I think so! The government haven't said anything about Summer resits for private candidates which is super unnerving D:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cloudniineee
I think so! The government haven't said anything about Summer resits for private candidates which is super unnerving D:

they did actually. it said that private candidates can have a more focused period of examinations if exams are cancelled, so rather than gathering evidence throughout the year at a school you go in for an intensive period of mocks, e.g topic exams and a mock for each subject youre resitting over a period of 2 months rather than the whole year. i don’t really remember where i read that but that’s what ofqual said
Reply 24
Original post by aliaa03
they did actually. it said that private candidates can have a more focused period of examinations if exams are cancelled, so rather than gathering evidence throughout the year at a school you go in for an intensive period of mocks, e.g topic exams and a mock for each subject youre resitting over a period of 2 months rather than the whole year. i don’t really remember where i read that but that’s what ofqual said

Letter from Ofqual to private candidates https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/open-letters-arrangements-for-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2022/letter-to-private-candidates
Original post by aliaa03
yes that’s the one, thanks !

No way!! Thank u so much for sharing guys :P
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm finding it okayy, but some days I end up procrastinating, barely getting anything done etc. Also in my school we didn't really start A2/year 13 content so I basically have to do all of that myself which sucks.

What about you? How's your revision going?

I agree! It’s nice that other people are in the similar situation with retaking because it can be so lonely.
My revision is going good, I’m currently balancing a job with it as well but I do find it can be hard to be motivated when you’re doing it alone.
how is everyone doing !!
Oh I didn't realise this thread existed!

Summer Grades: ADE :frown:
Subjects Resitting: Biology (D) + Chemistry (E)
Grades you're hoping for: B's in both subjects :redface:
Any uni offers: not yet, got to survive medicine admissions again

Original post by aliaa03
how is everyone doing !!

hello! I'm good, how about yourself? :h:
Original post by yippy-yikes
Oh I didn't realise this thread existed!

Summer Grades: ADE :frown:
Subjects Resitting: Biology (D) + Chemistry (E)
Grades you're hoping for: B's in both subjects :redface:
Any uni offers: not yet, got to survive medicine admissions again

hello! I'm good, how about yourself? :h:

Hi!!! :smile: i’m good thanks!

if you don’t mind me asking, how come you’re aiming for B’s if you’re applying to medicine? don’t they usually want A’s?
Original post by aliaa03
Hi!!! :smile: i’m good thanks!

if you don’t mind me asking, how come you’re aiming for B’s if you’re applying to medicine? don’t they usually want A’s?

That's good to hear! Also I dont mind you asking - I'm applying to Medicine with a Foundation Year, which usually requires B's :h:
Original post by yippy-yikes
That's good to hear! Also I dont mind you asking - I'm applying to Medicine with a Foundation Year, which usually requires B's :h:

ohhhh i see !!! i wish you good luck with your application ☘️☘️
Original post by aliaa03
how is everyone doing !!

Hi!
I’m okay, thanks. How are you doing and how’s your revision going?
Original post by aliaa03
how is everyone doing !!

I was doing Autumn resists and dropped out of them after studying since I left school :O I’m not really sure on what to do now but Im working a job to pay for Summer fees and tuition!
Hi everyone!
Summer grades: ABB
Subjects resitting: Chem and psychology
Grades you’re hoping for: A/A*
Any uni offers: Not yet, need to start practicing for med interviews but finding it hard to motivate myself currently.
Hey!
Does anyone know if I can just use my NEA coursework grade for Edexcel Geography instead of doing another one as not many exam centres can mark an NEA?
I’m a bit confused right now as to what to do :frown:

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by annaleo28282
Does anyone know if I can just use my NEA coursework grade for Edexcel Geography instead of doing another one as not many exam centres can mark an NEA?

Yes you can. With Edexcel, If you want to enter for a re-sit with the NEA mark Transferred forward you just need to use a slightly different entry code - 9GE0T as opposed to the original 9GE0 - and the mark you received for the NEA will be used with your 2022 exam marks to calculate a new grade in 2022.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by annaleo28282
Hey!
I’m a bit confused right now as to what to do :frown:

Thank you in advance :smile:

Yes! Im doing coursework for A Level English Lit!!
Is anyone doing AQA psychology? I'm struggling with motivation right now and so any tips/advice on how to get through the content or helpful resources which I could use would be great.

Quick Reply

Latest