The Student Room Group

how is immune system affected by HIV?

Reply 1
Original post by zuzannasendor18

Well HIV infects CD4+ T-helper cells, what effect do you think this might have on the immune system? What do T-helper cells do?
Original post by Jpw1097
Well HIV infects CD4+ T-helper cells, what effect do you think this might have on the immune system? What do T-helper cells do?

It plays a role in adaptive immune response
Reply 3
I think google is pretty good.
Reply 4
It plays a role in adaptive immune response

Yes that's right. What level of detail do you need here? Do you know any specific roles of T-helper cells?
Original post by Jpw1097
Yes that's right. What level of detail do you need here? Do you know any specific roles of T-helper cells?

Secrete chemical messages like cytokines to stimulate non-specific immune response
Reply 6
Secrete chemical messages like cytokines to stimulate non-specific immune response

Yes, they certainly do secrete cytokines which recruit non-specific immune cells like macrophages and neutrophils, though that is part of the non-specific immune system. How are helper T cells involved in the specific/adaptive immune system?
Original post by Jpw1097
Yes, they certainly do secrete cytokines which recruit non-specific immune cells like macrophages and neutrophils, though that is part of the non-specific immune system. How are helper T cells involved in the specific/adaptive immune system?

I'm not really sure :/
Reply 8
I'm not really sure :/

Find out and let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending