What is your favourite football stadium?

Watch
NaBaCe
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
apart from your teams

Wembley for mine
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NaBaCe)
apart from your teams

Wembley for mine
I don’t really like wembley as a football stadium, it’s a superb venue facilities wise and caters for events & corporate sponsors excellently but doesn’t feel like a fortress or cater to mega atmospheres.

Compare to Dortmund, Anfield, Celtic park which really thrive on match days. Even somewhere like the San Siro hosts unbelievable atmospheres even though facilities wise it’s seen as run down.

I think the atmospheres during the match make stadiums great.
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Allianz Arena. Such a uniform and simple design.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NaBaCe)
apart from your teams

Wembley for mine
The old Maracana in Rio and Camp Nou in Barcelona

Stadiums with over 100.000 euphoric fans around cause goosebumbs and tremendous vibes.
McDonaldsEmploy
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
San Siro

There's a gladiator feel to it.

If it still existed then the old Highbury Stadium with its marble halls, Art Deco architecture and the Clock End.
Last edited by McDonaldsEmploy; 2 weeks ago
Zürich
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm more of a fan of old school stadiums

So Highbury, Ibrox, Villa Park, Goodison Park all evoke a certain charisma.

In terms of modern stadiums there are some very nice ones too however. Spurs' new ground is probably the best in Europe all things considered and actually as modern stadiums go, they've done a very good job with the single tier stand etc.

Abroad: The Allianz in Munich is special in its design too. De Kuip in Holland. Stade Louis II in France. Napoli's in Italy. Nou Camp in Spain.
kaizagill
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Old Trafford
mariemomi
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
First energy and Hard rock stadium
IanDangerously
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
For fan atmosphere it has to be Turk Telecom Arena in Istanbul. Just in general, probably the San Siro or the Bernabeu. There’s a big time feeling every time at those grounds on a champions league night that is really special.

The old San Mames in Bilbao was a cracker too but it’s sadly been replaced now.
mariemomi
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Wembly stadium
Garry121
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
gotta be Wembley or old Trafford for me
comegoogle
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
AT AND T Stadium
username5847361
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Ammex Brighton
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by McDonaldsEmploy)
San Siro

There's a gladiator feel to it.

(...)
One of these stadiums I wished to meet in order to see the great AC Milan team with all the stars in (Kaka, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, etc).
mondays child
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I liked the AMEX stadium in Brighton. Perhaps the beer available helped!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.59%
Okay (86)
29.45%
A bit lacking (106)
36.3%
Not good at all (72)
24.66%

Watched Threads