Is there any way I can get my .ac.uk email even though I'm now an alumni?

Watch this thread
ericb001
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi there,

I'm an alumni (with an alumni email for LSE) and I now need to buy a laptop but Unidays doesn't seem to accept alumni emails, even though they end in ac.uk

Is there any way I can get a @lse.ac.uk email after having graduated? Or a Unidays account

Thanks!
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Unidays accounts are for current students-which is why it doesn’t accept alumni email addresses.
If you are no longer a current student you can continue to be a member for up to a year after your graduation through their gradLife program which I believe needs to be applied for 30days before you stop being a student.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 8 months ago
PhoenixFortune
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ericb001)
Hi there,

I'm an alumni (with an alumni email for LSE) and I now need to buy a laptop but Unidays doesn't seem to accept alumni emails, even though they end in ac.uk

Is there any way I can get a @lse.ac.uk email after having graduated? Or a Unidays account

Thanks!
Nope, you are no longer a current student, so that discount is not available to you anymore. The only ways to get a @lse.ac.uk email address now would be to enrol on another course with them, or become a member of staff there (who aren't eligible for student discounts anyway).
username5862010
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Somehow I'm still able to use my normal email and access student discounts and everything as an alumni for both unis i've been to lol
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Just find someone whos a student and ask em for it, that’s what I do. Someones family member is always in uni.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Look for discounts on vouchercodes
ericb001
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thanks for your responses!
I'll probably try and find someone who can "lend" me their login. It's just for a one time use to buy a laptop
Last edited by ericb001; 8 months ago
PQ
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ericb001)
It's a long shot, but if you're interested I'd be willing to pay £20 (£10 before and £10 after) to use one of yours!
You can message me if interested. Thanks!
You realise that this is literally fraud.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (23)
17.83%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.03%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.88%

Watched Threads