mariaisstudying
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I hate university life.
It’s single-handedly been the most underwhelming experience so far. I’m sick of all these blogs and YouTube videos etc hyping up university life.
Its not worth £9250 a year at all. It’s not easy to make friends because everything is online, and with the few people I’ve tried to make friends with, no one makes an effort to message back or meet up.
I need something to do, I’ve joined societies and I’ve applied for jobs and I’m so tired of seeing rejection email after rejection email.
I keep going back home for the weekend because my flatmates are boring. I feel like I’m the only one trying to do things with them but they say no.
Most of all, I’m so lonely. I love living independently but I hate the overwhelming sense of loneliness that engulfs me each night as I’m continuously scrolling through snapchat stories of people going out and actually having fun.
I have my boyfriend living nearby but he may as well not be near me at all, we see each other so rarely.
I’m fed up, so sick and tired of this. My degree isn’t worth it but I have no other option.
I just needed to get this off my chest.
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mariaisstudying)
I hate university life.
It’s single-handedly been the most underwhelming experience so far. I’m sick of all these blogs and YouTube videos etc hyping up university life.
Its not worth £9250 a year at all. It’s not easy to make friends because everything is online, and with the few people I’ve tried to make friends with, no one makes an effort to message back or meet up.
I need something to do, I’ve joined societies and I’ve applied for jobs and I’m so tired of seeing rejection email after rejection email.
I keep going back home for the weekend because my flatmates are boring. I feel like I’m the only one trying to do things with them but they say no.
Most of all, I’m so lonely. I love living independently but I hate the overwhelming sense of loneliness that engulfs me each night as I’m continuously scrolling through snapchat stories of people going out and actually having fun.
I have my boyfriend living nearby but he may as well not be near me at all, we see each other so rarely.
I’m fed up, so sick and tired of this. My degree isn’t worth it but I have no other option.
Its esp bad with covid cos there was less planning with events and stuff
my 1st yr was pretty dry socially too but it does pick up!

with jobs you could try different types, maybe certain areas just are getting too many applicants, with covid youll have more competition

with your bf have you tried communicating that to him - he may be open to seeing you more?
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mariaisstudying)
I hate university life.
Sorry to hear this.

Keep trying, clubs, societies, Facebook groups etc.

Try a job agency there are always warehouse jobs, night workers needed and you can do 1-2 shifts a week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.82%
Okay (69)
28.99%
A bit lacking (89)
37.39%
Not good at all (59)
24.79%

Watched Threads