A-level Politics help

Watch
meli77
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys,

Can someone help me understand this question?

Are political parties set in stone on the political spectrum?

Thanks
dking2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by meli77)
Hey guys,

Can someone help me understand this question?

Thanks
With the caveat that it was a long time ago that I studied politics, this seems to be asking you to discuss whether a political party remains static in its beliefs/position over time. It is quite obvious that this is not the case. Take a look at the Labour Party policies under Blair, Milliband, Corbyn and Starmer and you can see that the leader / controlling group shifts the party further left or right along the political spectrum. The same is true of the Conservative Party, look at the place where Johnson has it on the political spectrum and compare that with Cameron and it is clear that altough both are Conservative governments they are at different points on the spectrum.
Satyrion
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
You might also wish to consider whether there are fundamental (set in stone) philosophical principles that defines a political party. Also look into non English political parties, for example could the SNP abandon independence for Scotland and survives as a party. What about non UK parties. The northern League in Italy for example, also how do personal dictators, like Castro in Cuba or Putin in Russia. Do they have a set in stone set of beliefs.
This would enable you to discuss whether the opinions of the leadership defines a political party of some sort of philosophical prickles that are immutable
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by meli77)
Yes:

Name:  _96007315_pa_edstone.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  103.5 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads