The Student Room Group

Online A level further maths

Hi…I’m now in 3 months of my AS level studying Geography, maths and physics.
I scored well in my GCSEs and Im keeping up well with my 3 subjects.
I was thinking lately whether I should do another A level course. I was thinking of doing A level further maths since my school offers it but I think I have missed the chance to take it because Im in 3 months of the AS year.
I was considering of doing online a level further maths but Im not sure… Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Advanced GCE in Further Mathematics… is it worth doing this? I have a passion for maths and I kinda regret not taking this subject when I had the chance months ago.
Do university allow such A level course online? It would look awkward for them thinking that A level FM is offered at my school and I ‘did’ an online course for it…
Or is there an alternative to doing FM? Perhaps like doing it in A2 year and in my gap year or something?
I would like to do maths based degrees at good unis like Oxbridge, LSE etc…
Any advice/ ideas would be appreciated, sry for all questions lol….thanks for reading in advance…
Just ask your school to switch to further maths and make a real effort to catch up during your free time.
Keep in mind you are studying A level single maths at the moment so there will probably have been quite a lot of overlap between what you have already learned and what further mathematicians have been taught.
I've seen people switch A level choices much later than 3 months into their AS year and they are doing fine.
Reply 2
Original post by What The Cluck
Just ask your school to switch to further maths and make a real effort to catch up during your free time.
Keep in mind you are studying A level single maths at the moment so there will probably have been quite a lot of overlap between what you have already learned and what further mathematicians have been taught.
I've seen people switch A level choices much later than 3 months into their AS year and they are doing fine.

Okay… I will ask the school about this tommorow and tell them that I can make a real effort to catch up during holidays or something….if however they say its too late to go for it still, should I consider doing online FM then?

Quick Reply

Latest