ruby7869
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I’m not sure which combination of A-levels to do. My choices are Economics, English language, Psychology or Politics, or whether to just do all four!

riannak
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
personally i don't think theres much point in doing 4 a-levels as unis only want you to have 3, and if you do 4 you'll have less time for each subject and are less likely to secure the grades you want if you're not good at managing your time.
remember that AAA is much better than ABB(B) in the eyes of universities

but if you genuinely love all 4 subjects and think you'll be fine balancing time then go for it - you can always drop a subject later on if you need to!

psychology is the only subject i study out of the ones you've listed, and i honestly love it (it's not too much work either lol, although there's quite a bit of content)
Last edited by riannak; 2 weeks ago
damonhudnall
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
You can always drop a subject after the first year if you feel you cannot manage the studying or you are not enjoying a particular one. Speaking from experience, I would also recommend choosing at least one subject that you think you will definitely enjoy studying/ are interested in. Often universities are not bothered about the particular subject of all 3/4 A-levels, they may just ask for a specific one for some degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (29)
9.73%
Okay (90)
30.2%
A bit lacking (107)
35.91%
Not good at all (72)
24.16%

Watched Threads