Revision Materials for A-Level English Lit?

Watch this thread
sophdotorg
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I've decided to start working on making revision materials for each of my subjects. However, I have no clue what to make my revision materials on, since I'll be getting the texts (minus the Shakespeare play we'll be reading) in the exam.

Do I still need to make revision cards with key quotes from the text like at GCSE? Or, would that be a waste of time?

Anyone who's doing/has done English lit, can you give me some advice as to what sort of things I should make my revision materials on?

(Also, sorry if I sound completely dumb asking this)
emilyalicerooney
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Okay 1. You don’t sound dumb at all making this! I’m in the exact same position taking English Lit! Revising English is so damn hard! But what I do is go through all the past papers, print out the questions, stick them on sugar paper and without books annotate round the question like a mindmap , then I use the books to see any key theories/critics/quotes I missed out. I also use PowerPoint and do 2 slides per chapter of a book where I do a key summary, quotes, themes, techniques and a table of analysis for every character. I also use A3 sheets and seperate out sections of key themes, quotes, motifs/symbols, techniques, context and write out notes then basically repeat and condense it. Also writing out practise introductions helps too! Basically I use a load of stuff cos I don’t really know what’s best, it’s whatever I feel like doing but hopefully that might give some ideas )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.79%
As I expected (67)
32.06%
Harder (78)
37.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.83%

Watched Threads