26.67%
No (25)
55.56%
Sometimes (8)
17.78%
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rosy_posy)
I don't really get dirt on my skin. What do you do that makes your skin dirty?

Germs/dirt, same thing
Pika132
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
I wear them now more than I used to but that's cuz it's ruining my hands
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
no they mess up my fur
rosy_posy
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Germs/dirt, same thing
Oh I thought you meant dirt you could see, like mud.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Not usually no.

My son does though
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Used to wear them, until I found out my hands were drying up more when I put them on, than off.
Corban Hart
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
When I had an office job with a lot of paperwork and not too many dirty dishes, I didn't wear gloves. Now that I'm a stay-at-home dad and with two young kids, I wear gloves almost all the time, including doing the dishes. Usually, I don't spend too much money on gloves because I don't use them every day and they get pretty stinky. I buy gloves at home centers because those are cheaper than the ones sold in grocery stores(https://www.glovesguide.com/). I always feel relieved after I finish the dishes because I know that my gloves have done their job. Washing gloves are very useful, but using them for too long makes my hands sweaty. After washing the dishes, I feel relieved that it's over, but pretty tired because of all the scrubbing. How often, if at all, do you wear gloves to wash the dishes? When I had an office job with a lot of paperwork and not too many dirty dishes, I didn't wear gloves. Now that I'm a stay-at-home dad and with three young kids, I wear gloves almost all the time, including doing the dishes. Usually, I don't spend too much money on gloves because I don't use them every day and they get pretty stinky. I buy gloves at home centers because those are cheaper than the ones sold in grocery stores.
Last edited by Corban Hart; 1 week ago
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
yes. not a fan of water travelling up my arms and clothes i even roll up my shirt
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 week ago
harlz_chalamet
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
never.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
No not for the dishes - but I'd wear rubber/washing-up gloves for cleaning things like the toilet
Honey57
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yep I do. I can’t stand not doing it because there’s some leftovers on the plates that I can’t use my bare hands to clean. My mum has always used her hands though and my grandma and aunts and basically everyone.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
My flatmates were shocked to see that I wear washing-up gloves when I’m washing my dishes! :curious: The reason I wear them is to protect my hands from drying out and not wearing them generally irks me.

Do you wear washing-up gloves?
Yes - both because washing-up liquid gives me contact dermatitis now, possibly due to not using gloves all the time in the past. More importantly, gloves help protect my hands from the scalding water we have in our house - it's usually 73°C by choice, so not something you want to be dipping a naked hand into. I do put some cold in it!
fish finger fan
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Always, will refuse to wash up without them.

I also think I rock a pair of pink washing up gloves :cool:
Cupcakes12
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I wear them for cleaning the bathroom because it's gross to touch, I don't usually wear them for washing up though. I probably should because my hands get so dry and cracked but I'd need another pair.
teddybear4444h
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
My flatmates were shocked to see that I wear washing-up gloves when I’m washing my dishes! :curious: The reason I wear them is to protect my hands from drying out and not wearing them generally irks me.

Do you wear washing-up gloves?
I don’t
I just don’t wash up tho
Too likely to have an allergic reaction to dish soap and other products
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yes. But I do several days' worth of washing up in one go so it takes a while. When I'm just washing one cup, I don't bother.
aliaa03
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
nope !!!!!
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the bear)
no they mess up my fur
But you don't want your paws to get sore and cracked and too dry.:nope:
Last edited by Cote1; 1 week ago
the bear
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cote1)
But you don't want your paws to get sore and cracked and too dry.:nope:
i always use mild green furry liquid

:rofl:
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the bear)
i always use mild green furry liquid

:rofl:
Mild but effective at removing tannin after bruin a pot. The polar opposite of Tesco's. I need to wear gloves much more as my hands get very dry now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (73)
13.15%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.59%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.93%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (269)
48.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.24%

Watched Threads