maximum student debt for a university course with ATPL

Watch
Max_A1
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I'm looking at a air transport with commercial pilot training course and I was wondering how you would finance that course as not much is said about the ATPL costs or how or where its taught. so what I'm asking is could this be covered in the student loan and as it'll be quite a big amount I reckon that they could only help found the actual university course and the ATPL is paid for privately. any help would be appreciated and the course is linked below.https://digital.ucas.com/coursedispl...micYearId=2022
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
The student loans will not cover the pilot license side of the course which is essentially a separate element. It will only cover the tuition fees for the uni (~£9250 a year, although it looks like the second year is a sandwich placement type year so you pay reduced fees to the uni) plus a maintenance loan for your living costs etc. The university's website notes this itself: https://www.bucks.ac.uk/courses/unde...pilot-training

Most commercial pilots are funded through a training programme with their employer and essentially are contracted to work for them to pay off that training (arguably sort of a modern indentured servitude...) and often are only licensed to fly that employer's flights. Unless your parents are oil barons, or you're being sponsored by an industrial connection, you aren't going to pay for it yourself - and most don't as noted above.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads