The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mine is the leader of my bloc in my MUN conference
Odd one for me to confess, but I've developed a mild crush on a woman 2.5 years older than me. I just feel natural around her & relaxed. No games: as it should be. It's rare though, so I appreciate it even more because of it.

She's got other strengths too. She generally speaking has her life together and looks after herself well enough. Is attracted to & surrounds herself with good people. Doesn't cause drama. Doesn't argue unnecessarily (like I do sometimes :/ )

I rarely develop crushes. Previous one was 3-4 years ago now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by NonIndigenous
Odd one for me to confess, but I've developed a mild crush on a woman 2.5 years older than me. I just feel natural around her & relaxed. No games: as it should be. It's rare though, so I appreciate it even more because of it.

She's got other strengths too. She generally speaking has her life together and looks after herself well enough. Is attracted to & surrounds herself with good people. Doesn't cause drama. Doesn't argue unnecessarily (like I do sometimes :/ )

I rarely develop crushes. Previous one was 3-4 years ago now.

She sounds sooo nice. I just met this guy yesterday but today we acc talked for four or five hours and he was like here's my insta, email, spotify everything. We should keep in touch. You're super nice, you're cool etc

Thing is he lives in Kuwait and I live in London ;/

Does she seem interested?
(edited 2 years ago)
My crush well I have a two one girl in my university lectures and seminars and one girl who is in my choir at uni. They're both lovely I don't know which one to make a move for. Guess I have time haha
Original post by Anonymous
My crush well I have a two one girl in my university lectures and seminars and one girl who is in my choir at uni. They're both lovely I don't know which one to make a move for. Guess I have time haha

I guess you could make a move for both cos you haven't committed yet. Go for the one that gives you a better response =)
Original post by ShootingStar639
I guess you could make a move for both cos you haven't committed yet. Go for the one that gives you a better response =)

I think I will do thank you 🙂 however I mean what happens if I make a move for one and thr other wants me to make a move for her. Aagh haha
My crush is anyone on the board of education who supports scrapping me sitting my GCSEs
Celebrity wise or an actual person?
If you're talking about celebrities, then Shawn Mendes
She sounds sooo nice. I just met this guy yesterday but today we acc talked for four or five hours and he was like here's my insta, email, spotify everything. We should keep in touch. You're super nice, you're cool etc

I believe so. I don't know for sure, if romantically she is. But we definitely enjoy each others' company. To be honest, I'm grateful for that alone. One of the more authentic people I've come across so far in the past couple of months.

I'm sure she has some issues (who doesn't), which she's hinted at, but these don't seem to drive her behaviors. I've already seen how she handles rejection: without a fuss, and without resorting to games. Doesn't even complain about it. She does hookups occasionally (which I can often be skeptical of in people), but from what I've seen... these guys are not some dodgy riff raff she pulls off of Tinder because she's feeling desperate some nights, nor is it the guy with the biggest arms or shiny Rolex at the bar.

I know one of the guys she got with, and saw him helping up another at the bar where we were hanging out (who was off his face), despite this other guy hitting on her quite provocatively earlier that night.

I pay attention to this stuff. It shows what kinds of people she's attracted to, like I said earlier. And I like it.
(edited 2 years ago)

Kuwait and London... that's a while. How old are you guys?
Kuwait and London... that's a while. How old are you guys?

15 and 16 XD
No one.:cry:
You wouldn't know her she goes to a different outdated website.
15 and 16 XD

Forgive me for how practical-minded I can be... that seems like a difficult context in which to pull off a relationship. Not to discourage you from staying in contact with him, especially if you like each other. Maybe one day one you moves. But until then, avoid getting your hopes up too high & potentially suffering because of it. I don't know a lot about their culture in Kuwait, but I know that in many countries in that part of the world, their families put a lot of pressure on their kids to find someone and get married a lot sooner than over here in the UK. It can be difficult for them to stand up to it, as well.

I'm over a decade older by comparison. My main issue with slightly 'older' women is at what stage we would probably want to have kids. I'm not planning to for at least 5 years, which won't be the case for a lot of women my age, and even less so if they are older. That can be a deal breaker for many.
(edited 2 years ago)
my boy crush is a guy from my performing arts school and my girl crush is my teacher
I’ve broken this down into three categories
Celebrity
Real life
Or on TSR

Which one…
Forgive me for how practical-minded I can be... that seems like a difficult context in which to pull off a relationship. Not to discourage you from staying in contact with him, especially if you like each other. Maybe one day one you moves. But until then, avoid getting your hopes up too high & potentially suffering because of it. I don't know a lot about their culture in Kuwait, but I know that in many countries in that part of the world, their families put a lot of pressure on their kids to find someone and get married a lot sooner than over here in the UK. It can be difficult for them to stand up to it, as well.

I'm over a decade older by comparison. My main issue with slightly 'older' women is at what stage we would probably want to have kids. I'm not planning to for at least 5 years, which won't be the case for a lot of women my age, and even less so if they are older. That can be a deal breaker for many.

No no I get what you’re saying. I wanna see where it goes and either way I’ll have a new friend and someone new to talk to =)
Original post by Dentaldreams
I’ve broken this down into three categories
Celebrity
Real life
Or on TSR

Which one…

Give us all!
well my most recent crush (2 yrs ago) is someone who I went to secondary school with - quiet and studious. wasn't close to him at all but I had a crush on him for 5 years (year 7-11) before moving schools for sixth form. He now goes to oxford uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending